Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
HI
this hood insulation was standard in my 2.0 120HP Petrol in DK.
The range of build sheets in the factory must be unbelievable!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I added one of these a few days back. Got if for $116 in Australia from dealer.

It seems quieter when the engine is in its noisy zone , imagine it stops the resonance being transmitted through hood.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I can't find any US places to get it, might just have to order from Australia again. We are going to have to start working on some group buys. Craigh, was it a direct fit?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It just pops straight on. You will see the holes for the trim studs under your hood. Get the studs from AutoZone or similar as the genuine ones are expensive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've made calls to several dealerships and none here in the states can find the insulator . I would definitely like to get this . Is it possible that another sibling to the cx3 have a similar one ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I received my insulator from the UK and it took about a week and 1/2 . I paid $122 USD total shipped from " burrowsautoparts" . Search ebay . Spoke to Jamie. I'm just waiting for the 10 fasteners($15) to install it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the tip. I did search Ebay UK and came across the Burrows ebay store, but in searching for insulator, cx3 insulator, I was not able to find the part. Is there a specific search term or category to look in? Many thanks.

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I'm a new member and I would like to introduce myself by saying hi to everyone. I recently inquired about purchasing the under hood insulation through burrowscarparts and partszoos as suggested by forum members. Partszoos stated the following:

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we do not actually ship internationally at all due to licencing laws placed by the Manufacturers here. Sorry about that." Strike one for me.

Burrowscarparts came back with "The insulator is £50 and the clips £15 - The problem would be shipping as its as big as a bonnet so the couriers will want £100 at least to send due to size". This works out to about $240 US dollars. I realize several members have purchased these, however, did you pay a similar shipping cost/price? Additionally, I called Mazda USA and they don't have an item number and said it is not available for purchase in the US. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi and welcome to the fam, as for Burrows , i dealt with Jamie. Mention that you're from the forum and Albert from the US recommended you . I paid £82.36 ($122) total shipped Fedex, unless they raised shipping I can't see why so much more . As for the clips , I got them from a place in Texas on EBay . TXdashcovers.com $14.99, Gluck

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just for reference's sake - This came standard on my S-Touring model here in Austalia.

This is the BurrowsCARparts link on ebay for CX-3 items - It is not currently listed - contact the seller.
cx-3 items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!
Whilst I didn't get the sTouring (got the Maxx) I did look at the sTouring at the dealership and the insulation was not on it. So maybe it's only on the diesel version.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Whilst I didn't get the sTouring (got the Maxx) I did look at the sTouring at the dealership and the insulation was not on it. So maybe it's only on the diesel version.
Indeed it only comes standard on the diesel version. The petrol doesn't get it. I bought it from the dealer afterwards and whilst it isn't a panacea for the engine noise issue, it does dampen it slightly.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Indeed it only comes standard on the diesel version. The petrol doesn't get it. I bought it from the dealer afterwards and whilst it isn't a panacea for the engine noise issue, it does dampen it slightly.
Thinking of getting one. Can you tell what it cost and, did that include all the fixing clips? Or did you buy those separately?

·
Registered
274 Posts
All up (the two items, panel and clips) cost around $170.00. Took less than 10 minutes to fit. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info Cy. I've just rang Mazda dealer. He'll order one in for me at soon as I can get there to put down a deposit. Just under $170 like you said. Will report back as to its effectiveness.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts