Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
DIY Alternative

These google images should give you some ideas.

I thought about having the Missus bring back the OEM version from her New Year's Holiday visit, but:
a. She'd probably have to cut it in half to fit inside one of her suitcases, albeit, she has some YUGE suitcases! :)
b. The above link has numerous DIY alternatives that would probably not only be more effective, but could also offer an upgraded appearance.

IMO ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there any issues with the factory insulation hitting the petrol engine cover as it looks like a really close fit.???

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Is there any issues with the factory insulation hitting the petrol engine cover as it looks like a really close fit.???
No, it's fine.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Ventured with a friend this morning to look at the 2017 CX-5 ... no heads-up display, but it did have nice-looking under-hood insulation.

Didn't have my tape measure with me, but I wonder if it's adaptable to our CX-3s ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was at my dealer today and tried to get a quote for the oem insulation. Gave him the parts number and he gives me this funny look and tells me that part doesn’t exist. Showed him the parts diagram and description at the beginning of this thread. Then tells me Mazda Canada won’t bring that part in.
Looks like a trip to “yea olde junque yard” for some engine bay insulation and 4 rims for next winter’s tires....

61 - 65 of 65 Posts