Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah. I think they make stuff up since they said me installing a remote start would void the warranty yet they contracted out for my remote start. If I had the time and patience I’d surely try to do this myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my Apple car play installed last week. They scratched up my dash installing it. Good job Mazda so I guess good thing them installing it they have to replace my dash. Another thing is my clock keeps messing up, displaying the incorrect time. Ugh.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a Mazda CX3 Optimum 2018. I can't find any documentation on how to disassemble the side console... ?
I didn't disassemble anything other than removing the CMU. If you're up to it, you can very carefully drill holes in the corners of the old USB module since you're throwing it away anyway. Then it's just a matter of snaking everything around. You can get the CMU panels off by reaching up under the dash from behind the glove box. Just make sure you put some masking tape around the exposed areas 'cuz when you pull the CMU there's a good chance that you'll scratch the crap out of the top of the dash.

This is where I learned that drill trick:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys!
After an year of use with no issues yestarday my phone stopped charging when plugged in USB port that works with AA/CP. AA works flawlessly but the battery drains as if phone is not plugged for charging. The phone shows on battery icon that it is charging but in fact it's not. Before that my phone was fully charged from this port for about an hour. Tried with other phone and other cable with no success - still the same.
P.S. Installed an ampermeter app on the phone and it says that USB is charging between 300-1200 mAh but the battery still drains in percantage as if it not plugged. Is it weird?
Do you have any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Will your phone charge properly if plugged into your computer or the charging module that came with your phone?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Update:
This morning the 7th cable that I tried started to charge properly. The input voltage is 4.2-4.4 compared to 3.6-3.8 with other cables. I have to say all tried cables are not cheap and not too long /0.2-1m/. Also I used a contact spray for USB port.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Since version 4.7 of AA now supports wireless conection with some Samsung models I wonder if anyone knows does MZD connect head unit in our cars can connect wirelessly with AA/CP at all?
The US version of the head unit is not wifi enabled by default. There is a hack to enable wireless, and another hack to install the wireless AA headunit app - but it's an older version. I have not tried it. https://mazdatweaks.com/androidauto/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would like more information.

$150 for the kit from Amazon and done in an hour. The only issue I had was yanking the old USB hub out... tried the drilling method but ended up using a screwdriver and BFH after to pop the tabs. After that install took about an hour. Everything popped off from the inside if I fished around in the dash so I didn't even need to use a trim tool. Other than the USB thing fighting me this is the easiest mod I've ever done on a vehicle.
Can you provide a step by step with pictures? I have a 2019 CX3 without android auto. I would like to install this myself. The latest firmware is 70.xxxxx. Do I have really to take out the usb hub it came with?

·
Registered
4 Posts
$150 for the kit from Amazon and done in an hour. The only issue I had was yanking the old USB hub out... tried the drilling method but ended up using a screwdriver and BFH after to pop the tabs. After that install took about an hour. Everything popped off from the inside if I fished around in the dash so I didn't even need to use a trim tool. Other than the USB thing fighting me this is the easiest mod I've ever done on a vehicle.
Mind sharing the Amazon product link for the item you mentioned?

I'd like to give it a shot!

Thanks!

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A6013 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Can you provide a step by step with pictures? I have a 2019 CX3 without android auto. I would like to install this myself. The latest firmware is 70.xxxxx. Do I have really to take out the usb hub it came with?
Yes, you have to take out the USB hub because AA/CP is handled by the hub. It's pretty easy though. I linked a YouTube video of where to drill to remove it without gutting the dash. I didn't take pictures, but here's how to do it:

• Remove the glove box (squeeze, yank)
  • Remove the passenger center kick panel (yank)
  • Reach waaaaaay up into the glove box area and push the two panels off in front of and behind the head unit screen. You can use the handle of a screw driver or something if you need additional reach. Expect your arm to get well beat up by all the pokey bits of metal in there.
  • Mask every exposed edge around the screen/head unit. When you pull it out it WILL scratch the crap out of the dash if you're not careful
  • Unscrew and remove the HU. Disconnect the cables.
  • Drill out the hub carefully as demonstrated in the youtube video. It will be destroyed. It doesn't matter. Pull it out along with the old cables.
  • Wrap the wires the new hub came with in the foam tape they came with. Be careful to do it lengthwise as indicated in the instructions.
  • Snake the wires down from the HU area to the glove box area, then out through the front of the hole for the hub. There will be lots of excess. Connect the hub. Do NOT push it into place yet.
  • Connect up the HU. Test everything.
  • If it all works, bundle up the slack and tuck it somewhere nice and neat, then reassemble your car.

Once you have the various panels removed everything should be pretty readily apparent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cx-3 carplay,android auto

TO:WebDevDan
I am confused because the usb hub in my car looks exactly like the picture from the link you attached in Amazon.

So why I should I buy the same thing I have? What I am thinking is that I need is the software so I can mirror my phone to the dashboard screen? Any thoughts on how to this?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am confused because the usb hub in my car looks exactly like the picture from the link you attached in Amazon.

So why I should I buy the same thing I have? What I am thinking is that I need is the software so I can mirror my phone to the dashboard screen? Any thoughts on how to this?
I have the same question. I did buy retrofit kit but I'm not sure if I need to install it or only software for my CX-3 2019 Sport. My doubts are coming from my experience with the navy - I just bought a card on Amazon for $69, install it and it works. Plug'n play. Please answer.

·
Registered
114 Posts

So then it sounds like you already have an AA/CP hub. The standard hub doesn't have the phone icon on top. Have you tried connecting your phone? There's no additional software to install in the car, and you should be able to download android auto on your phone.

This is what a standard hub looks like:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same question. I did buy retrofit kit but I'm not sure if I need to install it or only software for my CX-3 2019 Sport. My doubts are coming from my experience with the navy - I just bought a card on Amazon for $69, install it and it works. Plug'n play. Please answer.
Can you send me the link for the software? I do not want to buy a usb hub since the car came with it. Do you have the usb hub with your car?
I have a CX-3 2019 Grand Touring but I know I do not have Android Auto, they only gave me a navigation card instead of Android Auto.

To WebDevDan
I am not sure if I have the phone icon next to the usb port.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts