Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Has anyone in the U.S. had it done? Or made an appointment to have it done?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Happy with the improvement.
It makes the infotainment more user friendly.

Again - the voice recognition is a massive improvement.

Don't like the disabled touch screen (bypassed in maintenance on regular infotainment)
The dials are safer ? so spin the dial and scan the screen for the cursor location ?

zoom-zoom

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Yup. Did it myself. Took a couple of hours. Works perfectly.

Reactions: mainemanx

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
It's mostly being able to follow directions.

Reactions: mainemanx

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had mine done today and it was pricey but IMO it’s worth it especially on the much improved navigation.Im not up on all the features and can’t get the Bluetooth to work so I’m using a cable.
I am hoping it has sound thru my speakers for the navigation and the music is great from my I phone to the Apple car play unit.
The price was $570 installed but I’m sure a more technicality involved person can do it themselves.
It’s my Christmas present.

·
Registered
745 Posts
$500+ too much for my blood. I’ll prolly go the NotAPreppie DIY route. All I want is useable USB for FLAC player.

P.S. Currently enjoying the sights of Paris ... but no CX-3 sightings so far.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
We should really consider merging this thread and the "Any news..." thread. Or at lease closing one in favor of the other.

It's mostly being able to follow directions.
$500+ too much for my blood. I’ll prolly go the NotAPreppie DIY route. All I want is useable USB for FLAC player.
Basic directions overview:
https://www.cx3forum.com/forum/177771-post82.html

Link to firmware files as well as the Mazda service manual on trim removal are included at the bottom of that post.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Agreed ... merge, too much good info in both threads.

EDIT: When I return I'll try to figure out how to merge the two ... or maybe in the meantime the Anchorman will do it :--)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.

Quick question: The Mazda Australia website shows CarPlay at a fixed price of $494.98, which includes the installation... and I am assuming is the AUD price, being the Aussie website.

https://www.mazda.com.au/accessories/cx-3/?bodyStyle=Small SUV&category=All Accessories

However, when I emailed my local Mazda dealership yesterday to confirm, they responded with a quote of $630...
Is there something I am missing here, or are they just trying to fleece people while they know the demand for CarPlay is so high?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi all.

Quick question: The Mazda Australia website shows CarPlay at a fixed price of $494.98, which includes the installation... and I am assuming is the AUD price, being the Aussie website.

https://www.mazda.com.au/accessories/cx-3/?bodyStyle=Small SUV&category=All Accessories

However, when I emailed my local Mazda dealership yesterday to confirm, they responded with a quote of $630...
Is there something I am missing here, or are they just trying to fleece people while they know the demand for CarPlay is so high?

Thanks in advance,
Good question I saw the $494 price as well and one of my friends is Brisbane has 2 cars booked in at that price. It may be a recommended price or not binding on dealers.

I just purchased the parts on eBay for around $300 and did it myself.

Also gave me a chance to better secure some of the in dash cables that can cause rattles :)

Reactions: Jroper

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Best guess is that it's the usual difference between MSRP and market-/demand-driven economics.

Hooray for capitalism!

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dealer in Indiana told me it would be about $400 for Apple car play installed in my 2019 cx3.
Guys, what is so important in Apple car play? I have Apple car play in my 2019 CX-5 GT but I really don't use it because first of all, my iPhone 8 has to be plugged in using the lightning cable, and secondly, I already have navigation on my CX-5 and with Bluetooth connectivity, I can voice control my phone to dial, etc.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Because Google Maps is a billion times better than the factory NAV system.
Because all I listen to is stuff off my phone, anyway.
Because I plug my phone in to charge for any trip longer than 20 minutes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Because Google Maps is a billion times better than the factory NAV system.
Because all I listen to is stuff off my phone, anyway.
Because I plug my phone in to charge for any trip longer than 20 minutes.
I use Bluetooth to connect my phone to the Infotainment system and I use wireless charging system for my iPhone 8. I use the Mazda Nav which I update regularly. That's just my preference. To each his own.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I use Bluetooth to connect my phone to the Infotainment system and I use wireless charging system for my iPhone 8. I use the Mazda Nav which I update regularly. That's just my preference. To each his own.
Mazda Nav has "regular" updates ?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
It's not just about updates. It's about pathfinding, traffic updates, UI responsiveness...

But if you're cool with the way you do it, then keep doing it that way but you asked...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks to the info in this thread and info linked from it, I was able to install the $AU300 retrofit kit on my wife's 2016. Thanks everybody.
I did it without removing the CD player.
Everything snapped back into place with no rattles or squeaks.
Beats paying $300. for 3 years of biannual map updates from Mazda when Google Maps updates in real time.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 94 Posts