Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Why's it all show no go? I took a look at the site and they have some great wheels and even lowering springs for the CX-3.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
It will just sound like a 2.0 litre vacuum cleaner sucking away under power. I don't get the need for making such a sweet sounding engine noisy any more than a noisy exhaust. However, that's just grumpy old me!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just got my corksport intake in the mail. Now waiting for the weather to warm up to install it (Winter decided to finally settle down in Canada) and do a few other things to my CX3. Hopefully no more than a months wait.
I cannot wait to read your review as well. The modding bug for my new CX-3 is starting to call my name. Haha.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda CX3
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Im hoping within 2 weeks spring will come around. Id install it now, but I plan to do everything (Intake, summer rims back on, de-chrome everything, engine cover painted) all at once in a single day, as oppose to separate days. Ill be sure to post in-bay pictures after its done, as well as a review of sorts of how it runs.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda CX3
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Okay, got it done this weekend. First impressions, contrary to our friendly neighborhood grumpy man @anchorman, it definitely doesnt sound like a 2.0 vacuum, in fact, its sounds throatier than before, like a bit of a growl. Response feels the same, maybe a bit better (I run in sport mode/manual always). Install was 45 minutes there abouts. No real issues with install with the right tools, old intake may be a bit of a struggle to remove, but nothing too bad. It does wobble a bit while running (vibrating/under vibration I assume), but it definitely wont come flying off or anything of the sort.

It does free up a lot of room in that area as well, and with a bit of work, you could even keep the factory box and that scoop as well to help bring in more air (Ive seen this on some 3's), but I didnt, and it isnt necessary.

So all in all, was worth. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Sacrilege ;)

·
Registered
2016 Mazda CX3
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Its far away enough and I dont believe there is no need for heat shield is really since most of the heat would be on the rear side of the motor, so no real excess heat to worry about. I'm sure it may be taking more heat in than the stock box, but nothing significant. I don't have necessary tools to measure any temperatures. Best I can do is one day after a long/hard drive, pop the hood and touch the piping/filter? I dont know XD

·
Registered
24 Posts
CorkSport Intake - Mazda Warranty?

Considering this intake system. That said, I may wait a bit and see what other developments are made now that the CX-3 has hit the US market. Does anyone know how Mazda "views" these sorts of bolt on items from a warranty perspective?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I found these at HARDRACE GLOBAL for the Mazda CX-3!

No.: 6706
Name: FRONT REINFORCED STABILIZER LINK
Note: 2 PCS/SET

No.: 8577
Name: ADD ON REAR SWAY BAR
Note: 19 mm 3 PCS/SET

No.: 8573
Name: FRONT SWAY BAR
Note: 3 PCS/SET
HARDRACE: 25.4 mm OE: 21.5 mm

No.: 8576
Name: HEADLIGHT LEVELING BRACKET
Note: 1 PCS/ SET

·
Registered
15 Posts
I found another aftermarket for the CX-3! This one is Orange Virus Tuning. They do tuning to Skyactive 2.0L and 2.5L as well as other Mazdas.

www.ovtuned.com

This package includes:

Custom tailored ECU Calibration using proven Dyno tuning development.
tuning available for all octanes of gasoline and E85 Ethanol.
Expected gains (91 ocatane) 20-24HP / 16-19TQ. On stock vehicle.
Complete with hardware interface dongle, software license, complete tune.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Do they actually do data collection and give a custom-tailored tune or is it a one-size-fits-all off the shelf tune?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do they actually do data collection and give a custom-tailored tune or is it a one-size-fits-all off the shelf tune?
From looking at their website, it seems like they frequently do custom tunes. Examples: High mileage, turbos, all octanes including low octanes, E85, 91, 93, with intakes, headers, etc.

·
Registered
218 Posts
21 - 40 of 50 Posts