Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found another aftermarket for the CX-3! This one is Orange Virus Tuning. They do tuning to Skyactive 2.0L and 2.5L as well as other Mazdas.
Looking at their website, I found:

"None of our products can be used at any time on any emissions control vehicle that is used for anything other than off-road performance. ALL Ecu tunes, Calibrations, flashes, files, datalogs, or anything in regard to the tune, tuning process, changes, are for OFF-ROAD USE ONLY NEVER TO BE USED ON A PUBLIC HIGHWAY."

Off-road use only?

I don't know how this is possibly of any use to most Mazda owners?

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
It’s legal CYA. Lots of aftermarket parts are described that way so they don’t have to worry about liability for breaking emissions or safety laws.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Remus is just way too expensive.
I went with a japanese aftermarket exhaust from HKS. It was more expensive than the Remus but it sounds really nice to me. Also, I have installed the Corksport intake but was not impressed by the air filter, as it looks and feels cheaply made, especially when they charge almost $60 for the filter itself when you need to purchase one again. I will most likely go with K&N when I get a new one. A few other modifications that I performed on my CX3 include a 2in. lift with coil springs, added new 19×11 Variant wheels with Yokohama 285/35 R19 tires, and put in LED lights for the internal lighting also from corksport (cabin is a lot brighter and nicer now).

All in all I have many more plans for my project CX3, it's definitely a work in progress but I am happy with what I have done so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-3 Akari AWD
14 Posts
I went with a japanese aftermarket exhaust from HKS. It was more expensive than the Remus but it sounds really nice to me. Also, I have installed the Corksport intake but was not impressed by the air filter, as it looks and feels cheaply made, especially when they charge almost $60 for the filter itself when you need to purchase one again. I will most likely go with K&N when I get a new one. A few other modifications that I performed on my CX3 include a 2in. lift with coil springs, added new 19×11 Variant wheels with Yokohama 285/35 R19 tires, and put in LED lights for the internal lighting also from corksport (cabin is a lot brighter and nicer now).

All in all I have many more plans for my project CX3, it's definitely a work in progress but I am happy with what I have done so far.
Any wheel rub with the 285/35/19s?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any wheel rub with the 285/35/19s?
I needed to have the wheel-well modified in the front so the tire could clear on turns. Nothing too bad but the plastic had to be pushed in about 1 inch or so on both ends of the wheel per side.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-3 Akari AWD
14 Posts
Mm, yep I thought there would be spacers. Any idea what tyres I’d be able to fit with 19” rims without any modifications? Without wheel rub, with the possibility of cork sport lowered springs also? I’m thinking 235/35/19, maybe even 245?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mm, yep I thought there would be spacers. Any idea what tyres I’d be able to fit with 19” rims without any modifications? Without wheel rub, with the possibility of cork sport lowered springs also? I’m thinking 235/35/19, maybe even 245?
I think that should work I also went with an offset of 0. Just to be sure use a wheel fitment tool or put a wheel similar to the one you want to install to be certain it'll fit without rubbing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Will do. I’ve found these from someone who used them for about 5 days so they’re brand new.

Usually over $500AUD each from Mazda without tyres which is ridiculous. Getting the full set for $1,000AUD. Reasonable price?
They look good and if you're able to get them at that price, it's perfect. Just make sure that the bore, offset, and bolt pattern measurement are compatible. Seems like it should be but just make sure you know it'll fit.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts