Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I need your opinion on used CX-3, it is a GT with AWD and Sport model. It has got iActivsense package too (I need this, this is my requirement). It has 7K mileage on it and the dealer is telling $27000. There is no room for negotiation. He is firm. I am OK with the color.

I saw similar spec new one around $30K, it doesn't have sport feature.

Please share your thoughts.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Don't know what you mean by Sport model here. GT and Sport are mutually exclusive as they indicate different trim levels. Must be GT with the options you mentioned. $27K seems to me a little too high for a used car with 7K miles ticked off the short factory warranty already.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Guys,
I need your opinion on used CX-3, it is a GT with AWD and Sport model. It has got iActivsense package too (I need this, this is my requirement). It has 7K mileage on it and the dealer is telling $27000. There is no room for negotiation. He is firm. I am OK with the color.

I saw similar spec new one around $30K, it doesn't have sport feature.

Please share your thoughts.

and was the $30K negotiable ?

Location helps too!! but I'm thinking not much of a deal, considering buying a "demo" warrants a 10% cut

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would buy new before I would pay $27,000 for a used one.I guess it depends what area you live in because you could get a loaded one new for just a couple of grand more in my area.
Even $$27,000 could get you a pretty good AWD model.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check this link

Thanks for the reply guys. Here is the URL for the vehicle, advise please.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are right, both GT & Sport are mutually exclusive, I got carried over by the title mentioned in the above URL

·
Registered
872 Posts
These are now selling at invoice, which is a flat 28k for a GT AWD i-Activesense. If it were me, I'd spend the 1k and buy a brand new one. The Carmax listing is too high.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestion......I dropped the idea of buying the used one.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yep that seems a bit expensive for a used one with 7,000 miles on it. By the way I would never buy from Carmax, they have this overpriced "no negotiations" pricing.

According to truecar.com you should pay just over $28,000 for a brand new one.

·
Registered
272 Posts
way too expensive for a used CX3. tops I would pay for a used CX-3 is maybe low 20's,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it True?

So yesterday I was calling few dealers, just to make sure the ones that they have on their website still available, guess what, most of the websites, the inventory is not up to date. Long story short, one sales rep told me surprise news, that in Texas the CX-3 is not selling well, so they put couple of GTs on Red Tag sale. The GTs (with iActivsense)have invoice price, $29340 and he said now it is reduced to $26900 and also he mentioned still there is little bit of negotiating power.

There is a leasing deal going on their dealership, with $0 down, $0 security deposit, $0 1st month payment, $0 due at leasing. I am seriously thinking of leasing instead of buying. Your thoughts please?

way too expensive for a used CX3. tops I would pay for a used CX-3 is maybe low 20's,

·
Registered
893 Posts
Do the match and see how the monthly payment of a lease matches up to your payments if you were to buy it. It may not be such a great deal. Usually lease deals cover the base model only, so that could be another con. If you can get the GT with iActiveSense for under $27,000 I would say go ahead and buy it.

As for the "inventory not up to date" trick, it's a common tactic all dealers use to draw people in.

·
Registered
246 Posts
We lease works for us I bought our cx7 after our lease, we lease our cx3. My wife's car and we use it on weekends,together,,,,, it's a 4 year lease12 k a year were always under miles...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Cuzlarry, which trim level of CX-3 did you lease? Do you mind if I ask you how much is monthly payment?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Cuzlarry....
Today I went to this dealer for the first time, there are two of them on Red Tag sale, one RED and the other is Crystal White. The advertised price for the Soul Red is $26972 + TTL. I asked him about the lease price.
He took my personal information, ran credit check and told me it will be $429. I am still debating whether to purchase or lease it. Once I decide then I will be ready for bargain. I asked him about he Red Tag sale, he mentioned these cars are there since October/November, they want to get rid of them very badly. The mileage on the car is 50. Sales guy also mentioned once I decide, then he can give me very good deal. Let's see how it goes.

·
Registered
893 Posts
$429 for a lease is way too much for that car. He may have quoted you that price because he would rather sell the car than lease.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts