• AWD

Votes: 85 70.8%
  • FWD

Votes: 35 29.2%
101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Snow tires are of no help at all if you are on glare ice. For that studs or tire chains are in order. Take it from a guy from the Great White North, eh?

Old and half blind? Give me a break! How about young, reckless and inexperienced? Which do you think is worse?

·
Registered
303 Posts
AWD and winter tires for Canadian winter

To avoid curb rash on my wheels, I replaced the 18" wheels with 16"

The larger tire sidewall allows for what may have been curb rash with low profiles to rubber making contact with concrete.
If it's anything more than curb rash, the cost of a wheel is negligible to what is behind it.

Somewhere on the list of why I purchased is the look of this car.
Haven't seen a GT ( North America speak for top model) with steel wheels yet.
The cost of the wheel minus the cost of the steel divide by life expectancy ( 10 years ?)

February last year , our roads were like driving on moguls - no damage to the wheels
This was my choice for wheels

Oh and in these conditions, I haven't hit a curb in years - the blind old bastards know better ;)

zoom-zoom AWD

Reactions: mainemanx

·
Registered
451 Posts
AWD and winter tires for Canadian winter

To avoid curb rash on my wheels, I replaced the 18" wheels with 16"

The larger tire sidewall allows for what may have been curb rash with low profiles to rubber making contact with concrete.
If it's anything more than curb rash, the cost of a wheel is negligible to what is behind it.

Somewhere on the list of why I purchased is the look of this car.
Haven't seen a GT ( North America speak for top model) with steel wheels yet.
The cost of the wheel minus the cost of the steel divide by life expectancy ( 10 years ?)

February last year , our roads were like driving on moguls - no damage to the wheels
This was my choice for wheels

Oh and in these conditions, I haven't hit a curb in years - the blind old bastards know better ;)

zoom-zoom AWD
I also have the same 16" Michelin X ice x13 tires but on 16" black steelies. I live, work and drive in a rural area without curbs on the side of the road. Here you have to watch out for soft gravel on the shoulders. No curb rash thank goodness. But the difference between driving on the summer 18" Yokis on alloys and the winter 16" Michelin snows on steelies is like night and day.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I also have the same 16" Michelin X ice x13 tires but on 16" black steelies. I live, work and drive in a rural area without curbs on the side of the road. Here you have to watch out for soft gravel on the shoulders. No curb rash thank goodness. But the difference between driving on the summer 18" Yokis on alloys and the winter 16" Michelin snows on steelies is like night and day.

It's the identical model - post a pic if you get a chance.

·
Registered
451 Posts
It's the identical model - post a pic if you get a chance.
Done! Taken shortly after I took delivery of my CX3 in November of 2015. By the way, these are the basic steel rims, but with the Mazda plastic wheel covers hiding them.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Done! Taken shortly after I took delivery of my CX3 in November of 2015. By the way, these are the basic steel rims, but with the Mazda plastic wheel covers hiding them.
I was expecting the black steel wheel look !!

but not to high-jack the thread

AWD - with winter tires ( and nice wheels ) ;):cool:

zoom-zoom , heated seats and remote start

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Old and half blind? Give me a break! How about young, reckless and inexperienced? Which do you think is worse?
I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather rather than screaming in terror like his passengers. :D

Joking aside, the state of California renewed my grandfather's license despite failing the on-site eye exam.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AWD I'm in South Africa and sadly we only get the cx 3 in FWD only. I had a situation of hydroplaning in heavy rain on the N14 this morning and it was not fun. I managed to control the car but luckily I could avoid an accident but I remember wishing two things: - that the car was manual and AWD!! But I was lucky enough to pull through.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts