You prefer AWD or FWD with CX-3?

• AWD

Votes: 85 70.8%
  • FWD

Votes: 35 29.2%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
451 Posts
Does the GT come with a sunroof, moonroof or neither (i.e. is something you have to ask for?) I haven't test drove one yet but I'm doing my research...

Can you explain this a bit more please? I'm a bit of a CX-3 newbie...doesn't the Touring and GT come with 18" wheels? Is that not better?
I have both. The 16" tires are winter tires which are installed for traditional winter driving and the 18" are the stock all season tires. To be honest, I can't really tell much difference between the two in my day-to-day driving. The 16" tires are supposed to ride a bit softer since they have more of the "balloon" effect and ride on more air. The 18" tires have stiffer sidewalls and give more feedback of road surface conditions to the driver. They also are supposed to be easier to control and thus are more of a "driver's" tire.

· Registered
451 Posts
Snow tires are of no help at all if you are on glare ice. For that studs or tire chains are in order. Take it from a guy from the Great White North, eh?

Old and half blind? Give me a break! How about young, reckless and inexperienced? Which do you think is worse?

· Registered
451 Posts
AWD and winter tires for Canadian winter

To avoid curb rash on my wheels, I replaced the 18" wheels with 16"

The larger tire sidewall allows for what may have been curb rash with low profiles to rubber making contact with concrete.
If it's anything more than curb rash, the cost of a wheel is negligible to what is behind it.

Somewhere on the list of why I purchased is the look of this car.
Haven't seen a GT ( North America speak for top model) with steel wheels yet.
The cost of the wheel minus the cost of the steel divide by life expectancy ( 10 years ?)

February last year , our roads were like driving on moguls - no damage to the wheels
This was my choice for wheels

Oh and in these conditions, I haven't hit a curb in years - the blind old bastards know better ;)

zoom-zoom AWD
I also have the same 16" Michelin X ice x13 tires but on 16" black steelies. I live, work and drive in a rural area without curbs on the side of the road. Here you have to watch out for soft gravel on the shoulders. No curb rash thank goodness. But the difference between driving on the summer 18" Yokis on alloys and the winter 16" Michelin snows on steelies is like night and day.

· Registered
451 Posts
It's the identical model - post a pic if you get a chance.
Done! Taken shortly after I took delivery of my CX3 in November of 2015. By the way, these are the basic steel rims, but with the Mazda plastic wheel covers hiding them.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts