Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m Kelly just got a 2019 awd gt and I love this car. I love the 2 platform. Love that it’s an awd 2 with a better transmission and more power.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi I’m Kelly just got a 2019 awd gt and I love this car. I love the 2 platform. Love that it’s an awd 2 with a better transmission and more power.
Congrats! Didn’t you consider the new CX-30 instead just coz it is slightly larger (just a tiny bit) due to the 3 platform?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I held out for a couple of days and looked at the 30 and I preferred the cx3. I had a 2 first that I loved. It got totaled in an accident. I’d have bought a new one but it was in the period that the us wasn’t bringing in the 2 so I got a 2015 3 gt s ... it was nice but awkward. I live in an area of big trucks and poorly painted lines so I needed something small and nimble.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I held out for a couple of days and looked at the 30 and I preferred the cx3. I had a 2 first that I loved. It got totaled in an accident. I’d have bought a new one but it was in the period that the us wasn’t bringing in the 2 so I got a 2015 3 gt s ... it was nice but awkward. I live in an area of big trucks and poorly painted lines so I needed something small and nimble.
Understood...if you think abt it the diff bet the 30 and the CX3 is only 5” on ext length and only 3” on the wheelbase so not really significantly bigger/longer. Design however both int & ext is where the 30 is more modern and tech up to date with bigger 2.5 engine vs the CX3 - except for the prominent plastic cladding which I don’t like. I too needed a vehicle earlier this yr so couldn’t wait for 9 mos just for the 30 to come out so got a CX3 GS AWD. Only find it cramped some times (rear legroom) when full of 5 people but rarely happens though. I also find the CX3’s suspension too stiff and firm for my liking (due to torsion beam rears) and sometimes ride is jarring when driving on bumpy/bad roads and potholes! Oh well....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2 was the tiny under powered under equipped car I never knew I wanted until it was gone. Now with a 6 speed, 40 extra hp, awd, moon roof and an armrest it is my dream car lol.
I got allot of complaints from my crew when they rode in my 3 due to a lack of leg room to and from jobs. “crawling” in and out of the low seats was rough as well. I’m a roofer, I needed space for tools and people. The seat design feels better in the sense of not having to crawl in and out of it. They are more like truck seats. It can park in tighter spaces and can run out for supplies. Plus the fact that the car heats up fast in the mornings is really nice. I’m also not big on tech specs but the 30 didn’t have an aux input Which I use more than the Bluetooth.
I like the suspension so far but I’ve had the car for less than 2 weeks. I’ve driven back winding mountain roads lots of freeways and lots of neighborhoods and it’s nicer than the 3, definitely easier to park. I was worried about the loss of of the extra power but it’s not that bad. Noticeable but not bad lol. Regaining speed gets a bit rough after brake checks or being cut off but my god the cornering is so much better than the 3.
I went into this knowing full well that I was getting a small car. If I wanted more I would have gotten the awd 3 but I really wanted the smaller size.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to change my old Mazda 3 for a new Mazda CX-3 as I am a big fan of Japanese cars. I think those are really great and maybe even the best one in the whole world. I am really looking for a good CX-3 option but I don't have enough money to buy a new one and I don't want to have a loan for this car. That's why I decided to buy a used one, in a good condition. I found the best option for nearly a week ago, but the car is on the other side of the country and it will take me a lot of time to ship this car on my own. I don't know anything about the car shipping process, but I was lucky enough to find this article about Shipaa shipping service and its cost. So if you are looking for information about shipping, you know where you should look for it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts