Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Would anyone know if the antenna connector of the XM satellite radio is accessible for unplugging? My free 6-month subscription will end in Feb and reading about the deactivation process, some people mentioned that XM sends deactivation messages with you radio ID for about 3 months following your disconnect date. The word is to leave your radio off for 4 months or so and then when you power it back up it's activated for good since your radio won't receive a deactivation message after that. Problem is, on the CX3 the XM radio is on all the time whether you listen to it or not. So, my options are either to disconnect the antenna or to drive around with a tinfoil hat on my car. I'd rather use the first approach as the foil will also affect the FM reception, not to mention the goofy look. Anyway, anyone know if there is a connector that could be messed with?

Thanks.

- B

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Not sure if its similar to our DAB antenna which is in the rear screen (PDF attached) but if it is, you get at it in the top trim of the back lift gate. This is mine;

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir.

Will take my courage and my time to lift off that trim and hope not to break anything. Will let you know if the NA model has XM there. Strange, I would have thought it to be in the shark fin on the roof. We'll see I guess :)

- B

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Thank you sir.

Will take my courage and my time to lift off that trim and hope not to break anything. Will let you know if the NA model has XM there. Strange, I would have thought it to be in the shark fin on the roof. We'll see I guess :)

- B
Check the antenna is visible first and mind that trim. The top (glass side) edge is razor sharp. The trim will stay attached as it is tethered to the centre clip. You can easily access the antenna plug though.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts