Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CX3 is about 18 months old with 6k miles. It seems the original wiper blades need replacing. My last cars, VW and BMW, had "free" maintenance which included replacement blades. I've not had to buy a set since 2009.

For those who have replaced them, what have you gone with? OEM from the dealer, aftermarket blades? Which do you prefer? It rains often in Seattle so mine get a good workout :)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I changed mine the first week I got it to Denso blades which are original on some Toyota's and certainly the cx-5. They look similar to the cx-3 ones but don't make a sound when they change direction. You can buy them in the aftermarket here but not sure about the US.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I changed mine a few months ago with our "oem" replacement which are just what to me looked like rebranded rain-x style blades. I personally advocate for those newer style blades that keep constant tension over the windshield (hybrid is what we call it). If you stick with that design you should be fine for the most part. Keep in mind that if anyone tries to sell you the idea of the "hybrid" style blades last longer they are full of it. Same rubber just different way of applying pressure. They do not last any longer than the old style blades, at least from my experience (12-18 months before noticeable streaking/stuttering).

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
These are Denso Hybrids;

·
Registered
745 Posts
22" & 19" ... Denso Hybrids $35 to $40 for the pair here in the States.
Hopefully my OEMs will last a few more days, despite the Northeast acid snow. ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I see there is an online Denso distributor located in CA, called DENSOProducts, who seem to be selling the Endurovision blades for about $5 a set and the Conventional blades for about $11 a set, both plus p&p.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Useful info, thanks. I want to put a longer blade on my rear wiper arm to help clear a bigger area for the rear dashcam. The CX-3 blade is 10" long the Mazda 3 is 12", but not sure if it will fit the CX-3 arm? Anyone know?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I'll look for the Denso Hybrids. My last two cars had Euro blades like Snoogie referenced and I really liked them. Them Mazda OEMs are decent. Being low profile with an arm that sits flush is important to me.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
The Denso blades sit absolutely flush to the arm. I'll photograph over weekend.

·
Registered
451 Posts
It seems that Amazon sells a full line of Denso blades for just about any car. You fill out the car brand, model and year and Amazon will give you a list of Denso blades that will fit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
An update on my question about fitting a longer rear wiper blade:- I went into Halfords and compared the Bosch standard replacement CX-3 10 inch rear wiper with a similar 12 inch one from Bosch which fits several makes of vehicle according to the list, Mazda not being one of them.

I compared the slot fitting on both blades and they were identical, so I bought the longer one and it fits perfectly on my CX-3 and now clears a larger area so my rear dashcam mounted on the parcel shelf can see through cleared glass. It looks identical to the original one , just it's 2 inches longer. There is still plenty of clearance at the top of the rear screen, so if you want a bigger cleared rear view area this is the solution.

The Bosch part number for the two are as follows:-

CX-3 Official Bosch 10 inch rear blade:- H250

Other makes Bosch 12 inch rear blade:- H306

The longer blade costs £11 from Halfords

I guess our American colleagues should be able to access these Bosch blades or something equivalent.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got complimentary wiper replacements at Mr.Lube when I got my oil changed. My car is 17months old. They're Michelin Hybrids. I've noticed that the passenger bottom corner isn't being properly wiped? Possibly to weak pressure? I've noticed this even with the factory wiper blades. The coupon used is on the attached. So far no streaks, and hey, who doesn't like free wiper blades? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put on the Denso replacement hybrids several days ago. They perform well but (it may be my imagination) they have more of the metal strip visible or maybe it appears brighter because they're new. Really annoying. I wish the blades hid lower in the rain tray when they are parked for a cleaner outward view from inside.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I put on the Denso replacement hybrids several days ago. They perform well but (it may be my imagination) they have more of the metal strip visible or maybe it appears brighter because they're new. Really annoying. I wish the blades hid lower in the rain tray when they are parked for a cleaner outward view from inside.
I never noticed anything untoward. How does it look if you lay the old one against the new?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it does not matter too much whether it is OEM or aftermarket, what makes them the best wiper blades is the quality that stand up against harsh weather condition and they can last for a long time. I think Bosch ICON series, Rain X series, Michelin and some other wipers are good enough to meet your needs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts