Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in the Southern Hemisphere at least. We get snow/ice infrequently - a few times a year, and journeys to higher elevations that would encounter snow maybe 5-6 times a year. In other words not enough to warrant snow tyres, but definitely need chains.

I'm struggling to find chains that'll fit on the 215/50-R18 wheels that came with the little beastie. Any recommendations out there (especially other NZ drivers)?
Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, for those with an interest, I ended up getting these: Veriga Seven. About twice my original $ budget but at under 10mm clearance they should work - there's not a lot of room between inner tyre wall and struts at the top! Weather gods were kind and they're still sitting in the boot, unused :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
You run those only temporarily, in very heavy snow, at limited speeds?

Here in Maine we typically get a complete set of winter tires and rims, exchanging them fall and spring ... but the high-tech chains may be a viable option.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You run those only temporarily, in very heavy snow, at limited speeds?
Yes, yes, and yes. No more than 30kph max. There are a few alpine passes / high roads that will get snow and authorities post a 'Chains Required' notice - vehicles not permitted to travel over that section unless chains are fitted. Usually that would be 1 hour out of a 2-5 hour journey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts