Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This annoys me to no end. The spray only reaches maybe bottom quarter of the windshield, and then the wipers kind of spread out the fluid on the windshield. Is this normal or is mine defective? On other cars I've driven, the spray typically reaches higher. Can anyone tell me if theirs is the same?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed this, too, and took it as a sign to drive faster. But it still has trouble clearing the top of the passenger side.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Mine clears the screen OK but man, they are the weediest washers I've ever had. Yes they squirt but I think they might have prostate issues. Being pointed at the bottom of the screen is probably correct for when the car is in motion otherwise the bottom would get missed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, one of my biggest gripes about the car. I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I first used them...just a crappy little piddle. They'll be horrible for trying to use windshield washer fluid to help clear ice in winter. :(

·
Registered
451 Posts
I noticed this too. My solution was to go out and get a bottle of Rain-X and use it liberally on the windshield and back window. This stuff is great and makes the crap coming at your windshield bead and run off before the washer fluid even gets to it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine is the same way. I've been meaning to take a look to see if there is any aim adjustment on them to make them spray a couple inches higher.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
The single pump does both front and rear by simply reversing direction. It's a good idea but not very effective.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can I also complain about the rear windshield washer? When turning the switch to wash/wipe it takes a good 2-3 seconds before the wiper activates. Of course by then half of the fluid is running down the back of my car. I've resorted to turning it the other direction to ON and then spraying fluid.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I used mine for the first time yesterday and I thought it was defective too.

It seemed as if a small puppy was take a leak down the rear window. If you thougt the front washer jets were bad, you're in for a big treat with the rear haha.

Its going to be hell in the winter months here as water and salt bombards the rear window and the the wipers wont be able to clear it effectively.

·
Registered
57 Posts
With the crazy vortex back there, everyone who drives in salt will have a ceramic white rear end. I need to wash mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
For quite some time, my normal practice has been to claybar and wax the windows every time I do the rest of the car, then apply rain-x over the wax. The results are outstanding. Unfortunately it got too cold right after we got the car too give it the full treatment.

·
Registered
119 Posts
For quite some time, my normal practice has been to claybar and wax the windows every time I do the rest of the car, then apply rain-x over the wax. The results are outstanding. Unfortunately it got too cold right after we got the car too give it the full treatment.
Rain X does work really well. Great product

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's even better after a good claybar and wax. I never realized how dirty my windows still were after a thorough cleaning until I claybarred them. Then the wax puts on a good protective coat for when the rain-x wears off so it's easier to clean next time.

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you leave the hatch and back window dirty where I live, you could be stopped by police and charged - especially if the rear license plate is also covered over with crud. We have been stopped occasionally by an over-zealous cop with either a grudge against the world in general or in one case one with an obvious hangover from the night before. They can be really mean at times!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Are the jets for the front window wash spray adjustable ? Usually with other cars you can get a small pin and move them up or down or sideways. The spay is too low, either the pump is weak or they are adjusted wrong.....

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It's just a single pump and it's weak.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts