Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our washer developed a leak, in other words after filling the bottle it would be empty in just a few days... Frustrating on a trip, especially if you drive through bugs in the summer. Anyway I was moving from the Phoenix area to the Bullhead City area of Arizona so took the car in to Mazda to have it serviced. I also asked them to check the washer. They did the service and told me I needed a new washer bottle and they would have to order it in... Total bill for the new reservoir repair would be $205.00!

I finished the move to BHC and ordered in a bottle for 30 bucks or so. Paid a shop $70.00 to install the same, only to find out that Mazda lied; my problem was the washer pump or the grommet, my reservoir bottle was fine. Now I have ordered the needed parts from:

I believe the shop will put these in for no additional charge but if they don't I can't blame them as they replaced what Mazda said to... Wish us luck as this is our long trip car what with the fuel economy etc. definitely better than my truck LOL. Hope this helps if any of you encounter the same problem.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: don't order from the above parts house. The shipping is very high and shipping is SLOW. Still haven't got the parts yet. Color me not happy.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE#2: Finally got the pump and the new grommet. Since the old washer pump worked it appears that in reality the only thing our car needed was the 3-4 dollar pump grommet, sigh. Hopefully this annoying issue is behind us. Hopefully this will be helpful to others.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts