Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a quick search but found nothing on this subject.

During evening hours, are the window switches on all door panels supposed to be illuminated? The driver's side switch cluster lights up but on all other doors, the switches are dark. A real PITA when fumbling to try to find the window switch.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
And yet even the rear switches are illuminated on the CX5, you’d think they would be common parts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unbelievable. We have heated seats, a heated steering wheel, a backup camera and loads of other goodies; but we have to use night-vision goggles to find the window switches?

Honda and Toyota are notorious for being thrifty in certain aspects as well, but saving on a small bulb within a switch really takes the cake. I would presume that an extra wire within the electrical harness would also need to be routed to each switch as a continuous live feed for the bulb. A few feet of wire, connectors & bulbs would probably average $2/vehicle. Based on Mazda's stats* at 12K-13K CX-3's per month, I figure that they're saving approximately $250K per year.

Sorry for venting but I really do find this ridiculous...

*Stats: MAZDA: Mazda Production and Sales Results for March 2017 and for April 2016 through March 2017 (Flash Report) | News Releases

·
Registered
118 Posts
The SEAT Ibiza I used to own didn't have a glove box light but other model years did, and even more annoying, none of the steering wheel buttons were illuminated. ???

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
They probably pick up on a power supply already at the switch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anyone tried if the switches from the Mazda 3 would fit in the driver side? This would also give auto up/down on all buttons along the lights ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts