Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello we are new to the CX3 forum due to our 2016 purchase.. For us this is a pretty FANCY car. We left a 96 Nissan Max. My wife is in love with all the fancy gadgets BUT she managed to find something missing.......She asked for remote start. What is the best option for the cx3? Dealer stuff is usually way over priced so I am thinking after market. I have installed them before so that is not an issue . My concern is compatibility. What have you owners found to work best with least amount of trouble. I do not need anything from the space shuttle that works from a phone. All we need is a key fob push button (do they still have them?)
Get ahold of me and give out your opinion

Thx everyone stay safe

Toby in PA Gettysburg area

·
Registered
491 Posts
ah I still have fond memories of the 96 maxima as it was my first car and with a manual transmission. I ended up going with a aftermarket remote starter only because I found out that dealers contract it out to local shops and upcharge you so they can have profit margins on work they never themselves do. I believe I tried to price this out a while back and for just around 70ish more I got a quote for a local shop to install it professionally. So yea it is doable but whether or not its worth doing it yourself is the question. This is the remote the shop set me up with,

Basically anything I press on it even the bottom buttons send the power on signal, since the oem fob has the lock/unlock and alarm functions.

Conditions for it:
-Car checks/tries to lock doors before attempting to start. If doors dont lock it will not start i.e. a door is left open.
-Powers on for 10min then shuts off
-Opening anydoor will shut it off

Its basically a warm up function since the car shuts off when you get in and you have to turn it back on again. An additional step but worth it imo. These functions are basically so noone is able to get in the car and drive off with it while its warming up.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts