Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be the weirdest question ever on here but I'm still going to ask it, because it's bugging me.

We like to go to drive in movies (yes, they still exist). When I drive up to my spot, shut the car of, press the start engine button with no foot on brake the radio comes on but it only stays on for 20 minutes or so. How am I suppose to watch a movie like this???? Is there anyway to keep the radio on as long as I want without having the car on.

Clearly Mazda didn't think about drive in movies when they made the CX-3. How dare they!!!! For real though, it shut off right after Pennywise said, "Take it, take it Georgie".

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am no help here, but you did help me. I had no idea how to get the radio on without running the engine. Thank you fine sir for that tit bit of information.

BTW IT movie was filmed up here in Ontario Canada. I went and seen the house they created where IT lives. It was built in Oshawa Ontario and a lot of the movie was filmed in Port Hope Ontario.

Hope someone answers your question but I would think Mazda did this to prevent draining of the battery to low to start the car. just a thought tho

·
Registered
220 Posts
Press the brake pedal before 20 minutes is up and it should stay on.

Have not tried it at a drive in but....if you do firmware upgrade the car is on but the notes say to press the brake pedal and it will stop it turning off at timer. Works in a firmware upgrade that can take a while,

·
Registered
745 Posts
'And I thought drive-in theaters were extinct. Google indicates there are 16 in Australia, 40 in Canada, and a whopping 348 in the U.S.! There's even a smattering in Japan, China, India ... and probably others.

'Apologies for my self-entertaining comment above ... the symphony of those pipes :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts