Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't believe the dealers want MORE than msrp (in MA at least). Anyone have an idea of when prices will go down? If I wait til november, does anyone think i'll be able to score a good deal- like factory invoice or lower? Or will I have to wait 6+ months?

·
Registered
871 Posts
I don't think anyone here has a crystal ball to predict prices but typically when supply catches up with demand there are better deals to be had. In my area all are going for MSRP, not over and not under. There is only 1k markup in a GT between MSRP and Invoice so not a lot of room. I don't believe dealers typically take offers below invoice on the CX-5 as its remained so popular - they have no problems selling their inventory to someone who will pay more.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well put. Thanks DJ. Guess i'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully mazda will still have some rebates (recent grad, loyalty) in a couple months.

·
Registered
16 Posts
TrueCar

I used TrueCar.com and a got a CX3 GT for around $500 less than MSRP. It all depends on local supply/demand of course but there is a chance you can get a good deal without waiting...

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you have a Costco card, I recommend using their car buying service. I did for my CX3 Sport and while I just found out that the CX3 wasn't part of the deal, the dealership I went to honored it anyway and we negotiated from the invoice price of the car. I traded in my old 2013 Nissan Sentra and got a great deal on the new ride.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got mine in Portsmouth NH for MSRP and no hidden fees. They had them in Manchester and Nashua as well. So just head north if you need to. Cars.com will find you one at MSRP. I don't suspect prices will drop until at least close to the 2017's being released.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Last weekend when I was working out my lease I was told no deals of any kind expected from Mazda for first 3 months of availability. No Costco or AAA deals on the CX-3 yet either for a good long while.
Just the $500 loyalty program for existing Mazda owners and whatever deal they give to veterans.

TrueCar can be a lot of b.s. I'd be wary of hidden costs tacked on by dealers who are offering $500 off MSRP.

But keep on hoping folks. Don't stop believing. [/Journey music]

·
Registered
16 Posts
TrueCar

I was indeed wary about the dealer honoring the TrueCar quote and adding on suspicious charges and indeed there was one. The dealer added $299 for "VIN etching" which is a bit shady since I didn't ask for it but the TrueCar estimate was about $800 less than MSRP and I deducted the $299 from the deal when stating that my actual deal in my post above was $500 less than MSRP. Buyer beware but overall I think I got a good deal for my CX3 GT.

Sadly, however, I had to return the car to the dealer since the blind spot monitoring wasn't functioning and I noted that in a separate post. Mazda corporate is sending parts from Japan to the dealer and they gave me a loaner car. Make sure everything is working properly before leaving the dealership!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts