Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
In NJ in the US. Considering buying a US Touring instead of Grand Touring. The only things I want from the GT are the rims and the silver stripe at the bottom of the door.

I have done some looking on this forum and found it helpful.
Does anyone know how you can get these on the Touring?

- i have seen mention of a dealer rim upgrade?
- can you put the 18 in wheels on the Touring which I believe has 16 in?

Would you be able to buy the silver stripe and have it installe buy a body shop?

Thanks!

·
Registered
871 Posts
The GTs 18" wheels will fit fine on any model CX3. In fact, the 2017 coming out in July will have them standard on the Touring model. Not sure they are the same GT wheels or not but its believed they are.

The silver strip is an easy install. Its just taped on as a few here have removed it. Call your dealers parts dept and ask for the cost etc. You can probably install yourself.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your decisions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The GTs 18" wheels will fit fine on any model CX3. In fact, the 2017 coming out in July will have them standard on the Touring model. Not sure they are the same GT wheels or not but its believed they are.

The silver strip is an easy install. Its just taped on as a few here have removed it. Call your dealers parts dept and ask for the cost etc. You can probably install yourself.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your decisions.
Thank you so much for the quick and helpful reply.

The $ for the rims and tires are about the difference between Touring and GT. And the dealer will not buy the tire or rims off the Touring or do an upgrade. Granted these are demo tires and rims.
Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not sure if they are still there , but there was a GT set of wheels and tires on ebay for 1299 recently. I looked at them when I was considering the sport vs the GT, but ultimately bought the GT.

They would bolt right on w/o issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks great!

Which size tire did you choose?
Is ET40 great? I found wheels with ET38 but I am not sure it will fit. Dealer advice to go for ET45 and 245/40/19.

·
Registered
1 Posts
WORK Emotion CR Ultimate Kiwami (19" x 8.5 +35 offset)
Pirelli P1's 245 x 35 x 19

Stock 18" wheels are 18 x 7 +50

Therefore I have 4mm, less inner clearance (no rubbing whatsoever) and 34mm poke from the stock position.
There is plenty of caliper clearance, maybe 2 to 3 fingers worth.
You will require hub rings to centrally locate these wheels.

The 19's are more than streetable and there is a more direct feel in the steering due to the shorter sidewall.
Yes the ride is slightly more firmer, though you will not be disappointed.
Hi....will the ET35 fit on the CX3 ET50 ?. I've come across a set of 19"112 rims with a ET35 so wondering if they would fit

21 - 29 of 29 Posts