Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It could be useful to have a this Wheels Gallery for those who are interested when ordering a new CX-3 or is searching for Info when thinking of buying after market Wheels.
Please mention:
1. All the sizes of the Rims (Do not forget Offset/ET)
2. All Info about the used Tire dimensions and is it a 4-season -? Winter -? or a Summer Tire?
3. Anyone using spacers? If yes, what did you use (brand & dimensions) on the mentioned Rims?
4. Please show in all cases, photo's so anybody is able to judge the outcome.

Ergo, not just photo's you find on the Internet that you personally like. We need all the Info to it. Thank you.

Hint about photo's: low near the surface (front and back) to see how 'wide' the outcome is. And one or more closeups from the side.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Excellent idea Harry.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here (as example) are fitted 225 /45 R18 on 7,5J ET 40 and the Brand/Type is Alutec Monstr. This combination is in EU the Max ET/Offset that is allowed with the 18" wheels and this all is close to the fender edges. If more pics are available, I will post them here too.

Special thanks to nowodka

·
Registered
222 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here (as example) are fitted 225 /45 R18 on 7,5J ET 40 and the Brand/Type is Alutec Monstr. This combination is in EU the Max ET/Offset that is allowed with the 18" wheels and this all is close to the fender edges. If more pics are available, I will post them here too.

Special thanks to nowodka

Here's the 20" rim in matte that will look great on a CX-3.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
WORK Emotion CR Ultimate Kiwami (19" x 8.5 +35 offset)
Pirelli P1's 245 x 35 x 19

Stock 18" wheels are 18 x 7 +50

Therefore I have 4mm, less inner clearance (no rubbing whatsoever) and 34mm poke from the stock position.
There is plenty of caliper clearance, maybe 2 to 3 fingers worth.
You will require hub rings to centrally locate these wheels.

The 19's are more than streetable and there is a more direct feel in the steering due to the shorter sidewall.
Yes the ride is slightly more firmer, though you will not be disappointed.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Update since my post on 24th February above - Changed out the stock springs for Eibach Pro springs and I'm now running Continental Sport Contact 6 tyres in 245 x 40 x 19.

19 x 8.5 +35

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Update since my post on 24th February above - Changed out the stock springs for Eibach Pro springs and I'm now running Continental Sport Contact 6 tyres in 245 x 40 x 19.

19 x 8.5 +35
The springs made all the difference. Looks great!

I'd consider a brake caliper paint job maybe. Maybe it's just me, but the calipers on these cars are screaming for some color.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks Vipre77. I like the look of brembo's painted to make them stand out, though I'm running stock brakes and I would never change the brakes. Therefore I don't want to highlight a standard item. Just my personal preference, but I think the WORK's speak for themselves =)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Silman that is really sharp looking usually I am against doing things like that but it this case it really helped the appearance of the CX-3.
I would imagine that that helped in a already good handling car making it handle better.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks Playthru. It sure has, I've given some feedback about the springs in my members rides thread for those that are considering these springs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
With 240/45/19 and ET35 no problem with 4 persons in the car?
Looking for ET38 back and ET43 front (reduce 2 wheels 5 mm).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts