Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the Oversteers on the CX-3. I'm debating between those and the 18" OEM CX-3 wheels.

Currently on the ugly 16" OEM wheels.

Out of curiosity would you mind checking to see if the OEM Mazda center caps might fit the Konig wheels? That's my only hang up with aftermarket wheels...prefer the OEM+ look.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have the OE 16" CX-3 wheels anymore I sold them couple weeks ago.

The center cap on the Oversteer is just a round cap and the Konig Crown is a raised 3d type emblem with an adhesive backing that you have to apply to the cap. You can easily sub a similar Mazda emblem in it's place if you want (they should be easily avail. somewhere online like amazon or ebay, perhaps even a Mazda dealer might sell them separately from the OE cap) so don't let that be a deal breaker for you to get the wheel or not.

If you want some pics of the Konig cap PM me your email address and I'll take some pics and send them to you.

Tony

· Registered
11 Posts
I don't have the OE 16" CX-3 wheels anymore I sold them couple weeks ago.

The center cap on the Oversteer is just a round cap and the Konig Crown is a raised 3d type emblem with an adhesive backing that you have to apply to the cap. You can easily sub a similar Mazda emblem in it's place if you want (they should be easily avail. somewhere online like amazon or ebay, perhaps even a Mazda dealer might sell them separately from the OE cap) so don't let that be a deal breaker for you to get the wheel or not.

If you want some pics of the Konig cap PM me your email address and I'll take some pics and send them to you.

Tony
Nice! That's good to hear. I saw some adhesive Mazda center cap emblems on eBay.

Will definitely consider the Oversteers if I can't find a reasonably priced set of OEM 18" wheels. Look forward to seeing how these look on your CX-3. :)

· Registered
303 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the Oversteers on the CX-3. I'm debating between those and the 18" OEM CX-3 wheels.

Currently on the ugly 16" OEM wheels.

Out of curiosity would you mind checking to see if the OEM Mazda center caps might fit the Konig wheels? That's my only hang up with aftermarket wheels...prefer the OEM+ look.

These are what I used for "winter" wheels

RWCWheels.com | WheelÂ*Â*Collection

made to fit just like OEM , so yes center caps also fit

Just another option

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did a test fit the other day on the cars, here are pics of the CX-3 ones:

Motegi

Konig

Gave the wife the choice and both of us agreed that the Konig's fit the Mazda better. I have shots of the wheels on the SX4 but I'll upload them to the other MB at a later time.

Going to order those Carbon look Mazda emblem 3d decals for the Konig caps. Tires are ordered should be in later this week for the Oversteers, going with those Kumho Ecsta PS31 size again will be 235/50/17.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those 3d Mazda centre cap stickers showed up today, they look good!!!

After testing them on the cap I probably could've gone with a sticker 1mm bigger than what I got. I also messed up slightly putting the first one on the cap as I didn't center it as well as I would've liked. I did better on the other 3.

Not bad for 10 bucks for all 4. If they don't work out too well down the road I'll put the Konig ones back on.

· Registered
156 Posts
I am about ready to put my Oversteers on. I want to get Mazda stickers for the center caps, but can't tell if they need 56mm or 55mm. What size did you go with?

· Registered
747 Posts
'Jealous of Cman's shop/den/man cave ... although I might consider Ferarri, Maserati, or even Abarth center caps :)

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One year later, that area of my basement is still a mess...................now storage for some Shelby parts I amassed over the past year.

Slowly installing them while the car is stored and will be ready to come out near the end of the month.

Tony

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.