Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm selling my 2004 Mazda 3 to buy a CX 3. I'm wondering if anyone can give me any info on wheel options for the Sport trim? I'm cool with getting the sport trim, but I really want those 18" wheels that are on all the GTs.

The dealer (in New Hampshire) told me he believes mazda will offer specific wheel upgrades for those who don't want a higher level trim. He said it comes up in his computer as a sport upgrade, isn't yet available for order.

Anyone have a sport trim with upgraded rims?

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Would you ever consider getting aftermarket wheels?

I know that some guys sell the OEM wheels right away and go straight to aftermarket. Might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply cxiii. If i could find the 18" oems for cheaper than what the rumored upgrade would cost that'd be a great idea.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All,

I'm selling my 2004 Mazda 3 to buy a CX 3. I'm wondering if anyone can give me any info on wheel options for the Sport trim? I'm cool with getting the sport trim, but I really want those 18" wheels that are on all the GTs.

The dealer (in New Hampshire) told me he believes mazda will offer specific wheel upgrades for those who don't want a higher level trim. He said it comes up in his computer as a sport upgrade, isn't yet available for order.

Anyone have a sport trim with upgraded rims?

Thanks
Please follow this link to choose your 18" wheel options offered on Mazda Canada website:

Build Your Mazda | Shopping Tools | Mazda Canada

Good luck to your new CX3 :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Canada has an "air conditioning charge" included in the price?
Yes LnghrnCX3, I had to pay CAD $100 for A/C tax too. :crying:

Thanks! Wow after the canadian to US dollar conversion, seems like CX3's are cheaper in Canada.
You're welcome!

And because US dollar is relatively high compared to other currencies to this date - that's why you think CX3s sold in Canada are cheap. But I have to pay 13% of HST tax in Ontario - so total purchasing price may end up to CAD $35,000 or > $26,000 US

·
Registered
12 Posts
WE have many other benefits
sales tax
health tax
provincial income tax
federal income tax
education tax
property tax
gas tax
etc
etc
etc
so a $25000 vehicle probably costs us at least $50000 earnings..
but we have cleaner air (except forest fires & toronto)
& a bigger gallon.....ba

·
Registered
101 Posts
ride:

Looks good. Plastidip those badges in the back to complete the murdered out look.

Did you do something to your skirt trim? Mine has a chrome stripe in it. Or maybe it is a GT thing.

·
Registered
327 Posts
ride:

Looks good. Plastidip those badges in the back to complete the murdered out look.

Did you do something to your skirt trim? Mine has a chrome stripe in it. Or maybe it is a GT thing.
Yep, chrome strip is on GT trim only. For what the materials cost on those, it surprises me that they skimped on them on the lower trim levels. I've got a buddy that works in a body shop and I'm gonna ask him if he can order those chrome strips for mine. I'm not sure if those kind of repair parts are even available yet. I haven't looked at it real close, but I suspect the rocker panel itself is the same and the chrome strip is just double-stick taped on. I can't imagine they're very expensive, but you never know with stuff like that.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ride... What size are your tires? 235/45R18 or 225/45R18? I couldn't quite read the size.

If you are riding on the 235s what are your thoughts on them? Does the handling remain crisp?

·
Registered
31 Posts
235/45 R 18 Tires

Blowing up the photo shows the tires to be 235/45 R 18 tires.

Reading the manual for my, yet undelivered, CX3, I have become concerned because there is a warning about using tires other than the stock size. (I have been concerned because I will probably have to get snow tires other than the 215/50 R 18 tires.)

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
There's only about 1.5mm difference in rolling radius so it shouldn't really make much difference to speedo, brakes or TPMS. I would just check that nothing fouls the bodywork and it might cause some instability in the steering.

·
Registered
87 Posts
pick up my CX-3 Touring Mon.....will be adding 18's asap but curious what width I can go (7.5 max or even 8?) to and what offset/s I need to use. Looked all over online and can't find exactly what I need. Can someone help with info or a link to a table that tells me this plz?

B-

1 - 20 of 31 Posts