Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, folks. New here.

I just purchased a gently used 2016 CX-3 (28,000KM, AWD, GS, Canada). Very nice upgrade over my old vehicle that rust finally took.

Anyway, I'm looking to purchase aftermarket steel wheels for Winter use. I'm finding, however, conflicting information on the offset for the OEM stock wheels. I can't even find it in the vehicle's documentation.

Can anyone confirm the number? I want to make sure I don't vary too far....

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alrighty...

So after more digging, I'm pretty confident the offset on the factory wheels is 50mm. That said, how far can I deviate from that without issue?

Most of the aftermarket wheels I'm looking at are in the 40-45mm range. That majority are 40.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL.

Offset is confusing for a "newb". So much conflicting info out there...

That said, I just called my dealer...their OEM wheels are priced just as well as any other at the moment, so....no brainer.

I'll shut up now.... ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
50mm is correct for oem size

This is a handy reference for region based wheel sizes also if theres a difference.
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/mazda/cx-3/2016/

I am safely running 45mm offset wheels with a larger diameter tire than oem sizes and still was not rubbing (prelift). You could most likely push 40mm but I would be wary of getting bigger tires.

(By not rubbing I mean under any circumstance that I tested it including curb climbing, sharp turning etc and hitting random bumps during turns)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
50mm is correct for oem size

This is a handy reference for region based wheel sizes also if theres a difference.

I am safely running 45mm offset wheels with a larger diameter tire than oem sizes and still was not rubbing (prelift). You could most likely push 40mm but I would be wary of getting bigger tires.

(By not rubbing I mean under any circumstance that I tested it including curb climbing, sharp turning etc and hitting random bumps during turns)
Thanks. :)

I'll be running the same size tire as stock. As I said, A LOT of conflicting information online about what offset I could safely run. That said, going with OEM wheels is the best bet for me, considering the price the dealer is offering. I just want rims/tires that drive as they should, so not gonna mess around.

·
Super Moderator
543 Posts
I went as low as +35 in 18x8 with 245/40-18 tires and only had a small amount of fender liner rubbing at full lock... Except now I can't remember if t was on the inboard or outboard tire shoulder that was rubbing...

·
Registered
80 Posts
That's because 245 is just too wide for the car, even with +35 instead of OE +50.
I have 235/50/17 and they run just fine with fenders on OE suspension.
Remember that OE dampers are weak Twin Tubes and WILL go out around 50-60k miles. When dampers lose their gas pressure, the car will drop a bit, wallow more over bumps, and cause more fender rub with wider tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts