Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should the speed limit display on the Active Display. On the Mazda 3 sp it does and if yes how do you turn it on. On mine only your speed shows. If you turn off voice where does the speed limit display show. Got a ticket already:crying:

·
Registered
872 Posts
It may depend on where you're at. Mazda changes things up lots by different countries.

In the US, mine shoes current speed, proximity to the vehicle ahead, active cruise control and the set speed. If Nav is engaged, it shows the actions that are needed. It also shows lane departure warnings, active brake assist etc when those actions are taking place.

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
On the UK models, the current road speed limit only shows on the left-hand edge of the map on the dashboard infotainment display.
This is the same on my USDM CX-3.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Depends on where you are, and what features your car has. I don't have the iActivesense package so on mine it normally only shows my current speed, and if I have navigation on it will show some info from that as well. If I turn on cruise control it will show the icon. I don't get speed limit on it though. Speed limit does show on the navigation screen, but I've found many times it is not accurate as it doesn't match what is posted on the signs.

Just look around and see what the speed limit is ;)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Speed limit does show on the navigation screen, but I've found many times it is not accurate as it doesn't match what is posted on the signs.
I've actually been quite impressed with how accurate the speed limit indicator is on mine. It literally flips to the posted speed the moment I drive past the speed limit sign and has been accurate. Almost like it's sensing the sign via camera, although I know its not on the CX3. Other Mazdas are rolling out cameras with sign recognition. I'm curious to see how that works out.

·
Registered
893 Posts
On highways it seems accurate, but on the backroads I've been taking to avoid highway traffic I've found many wrong speed limits in the navigation software. It might need an update.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I wouldn't rely on Satnav software for the speed limit. Use those little signs by the side of the road.
I agree but sometimes you're pulling onto a road that you're not familiar with and may be in-between speed limit signs.

For me, its handy to have a semblance of what the posted speed is. In parts of the US it can be exceptionally low in some areas and the cost of a ticket quite high!

·
Registered
106 Posts
In parts of the US it can be exceptionally low in some areas and the cost of a ticket quite high!
I now what you mean. Several years ago I was traveling down a highway (speed limit was, at the time, maybe 60 - I was doing 80, as usual) and all of the sudden the speed limit dropped to 30, entering some podunk town. There was the sheriff, right at the sign, with a big 'ol grin on his face. I was glad to get out of there only a ticket and not some some campy horror film action taking place...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Greaseman, How do you get the Nav info on the ADD? I only get current speed and if I have cruise engaged, I get setting for that. I was curious about turn-by-turn. Is that only included with i-Activesense?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey Greaseman, How do you get the Nav info on the ADD? I only get current speed and if I have cruise engaged, I get setting for that. I was curious about turn-by-turn. Is that only included with i-Activesense?
You can turn it on/off in the setting screen for the ADD (where You also set the height of the ADD).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi
Im told by Mazda as part of next years "product upgrade" traffic sign recognition will be included as well as foldable wing mirrors. So guys you'll have to buy a new CX3 in April/May to get it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts