Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is CX-3 OEM tint% 100%? 70%?

Cant find it anywhere and its dark out and didn't see it on any obvious window stickers thus far.

please site link or source to confirm as I'm about to order some tint. 35 or 50%

Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
I recently tinted all seven windows with 18% carbon tint. The tint installer, who was very knowledgable, stated the windshield has zero factory tint.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Also look at what the regulations are regarding window tinting in your jurisdiction. Usually the front windows must be lighter, and there may be other limits as well.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I don't believe they enforce tint rules in Hawaii. I see what appears to be limo tint on a lot of vehicles there. I also see front windshields tinted in Hawaii too. May not matter too much what the stock percent of tint is.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I recently tinted all seven windows with 18% carbon tint. The tint installer, who was very knowledgable, stated the windshield has zero factory tint.
Good to know. I'll see if my cop friend can test my windows.

I don't believe they enforce tint rules in Hawaii. I see what appears to be limo tint on a lot of vehicles there. I also see front windshields tinted in Hawaii too. May not matter too much what the stock percent of tint is.
I called two different state inspection businesses in Hawaii where I will be going in the stated even if my car is registered in another state I have to abide strictly to the rules of 35% to pass inspection in Hawaii

·
Registered
872 Posts
There is no tint from the factory.
I believe there is always some minuscule % of factory tint on all glass to reduce UV etc. Typically if it is say, 3% then conscious folks will opt for 32% window tint to stay within their jurisdictions limits of - 35% in this example.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I believe there is always some minuscule % of factory tint on all glass to reduce UV etc. Typically if it is say, 3% then conscious folks will opt for 32% window tint to stay within their jurisdictions limits of - 35% in this example.
you're incorrect twice.
-IF that were the case, they would opt for a 38% tint...the extra 3% allowed through would equate to 35% (3% is not the % of darkness...its the % of light allowed through the window/tint). Your 3% is actually 97%
-they don't make tints in any % you want. there are only a few %'s to choose from

·
Registered
872 Posts
you're incorrect twice.
-IF that were the case, they would opt for a 38% tint...the extra 3% allowed through would equate to 35% (3% is not the % of darkness...its the % of light allowed through the window/tint). Your 3% is actually 97%
-they don't make tints in any % you want. there are only a few %'s to choose from
Yeah but you know what was meant.

·
Registered
256 Posts
There is no tint from the factory.
That's not entirely true.
In Denmark we get dark tinted rear windows as standard on the Vision and Optimum (We have three specs levels: Core, Vision and Optimum).

This is how it looks on an Optimum(I have no idea how much it's tinted in %):

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
had 35% installed tonight, will get pics in the am :p

·
Registered
193 Posts
Santa, the rear windows appear... based on my calibrated eyeballs... to have approximately 50% tint. Nice.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sukxost, you will love the tint. In Illinois any tint is legal in the rear five windows. The front windows are limited to 35% and up to 35% on the top six inches of the windshield only. I looked around and approximately 10% of the vehicles had darker than 35% on the front windows. I personally do not like a stripe on the windshield. Soooo... I went with 18% on the seven windows and nothing on the windshield. I am vulnerable for a ticket. I also don't have a front plate on the CX3 and haven't had a front plate on the my MX5 for seven years. Living on the edge...

Attachments

Reactions: SUKXOST

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
35%

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
With the tinted windows wrapping around the rear of the vehicle, the roof appears to float above the body. Nice look.

I really like the ceramic coupled with black accents. Matte black wheels, tinted windows and black plasti-dip front grill. Well done Sukxost!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sukxost... I just noticed something. A shiny plastic chrome thingy on the hatch. How's this look instead?

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With the tinted windows wrapping around the rear of the vehicle, the roof appears to float above the body. Nice look.

I really like the ceramic coupled with black accents. Matte black wheels, tinted windows and black plasti-dip front grill. Well done Sukxost!
Thanks for the props! No major mods planned but theres a couple other possible plans in the works :p

[QUOTE=OneLyveWyre;42017]Sukxost... I just noticed something. A shiny plastic chrome thingy on the hatch. How's this look instead?[/QUOTE]

Its a rear bumper guard or something. I didn't order this car to my specs, I just got the silver touring and the (2nd) one they found....that was an additional item on the vehicle. See attached

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice wheels! What brand? Here's a picture of my Enkei Raijin 18x8 50et wheels with 225/45R18 tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice wheels! What brand? Here's a picture of my Enkei Raijin 18x8 50et wheels with 225/45R18 tires.

@OneLyveWyre

Wheels:
Axis Sport XQ
Size: 18x8 w/45mm offset

Tires:
BFGOODRICH
G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2
Ultra High Performance Summer
Size: 225/45ZR18

1 - 20 of 33 Posts