Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It actually looks nice from the outside, and it is affordable at $35,000 before all the government incentives you can get. I just can't get over that big ugly tablet inside and the lack of an instrument panel. It just looks like it has a very cold and unappealing interior. I wanted to like this car, but that killed it for me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Good price, futuristic interior, feel like they could have done a better job with the exterior.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the opposite for me, I feel like they did a good job on the exterior (except the front grille, or lack of), but think the interior needs work. When I'm in a car I want to feel like I'm home, the interior here reminds me more of a hospital lol.

Tesla has said they'll keep tweaking the design though, so what they showed in their event last week is not the final version.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I absolutely love it. I like the spartan interior's clean lines, and I love the quasi-fastback look. Will be my next car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think it will kill all other electric cars. For 35000$, about 31000€ minus to 25000€ with french incentive ... it's really better!

A few Superchargers are now available and other are scheduled, also a tesla factory is about to get there or in germany, good job

while with our "renault" you have a 80€/month lease just for the batteries, 100km range, no-one wants that!! for my second car, i would really enjoy an electric one ...

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
My nephew works for a dealer and has promised me some test drives. Another mate is seriously considering a 3.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was considering it too (it wont come out until the end of 2017 so i wouldn't ditch my CX-3 just yet) but I'm not feeling the interior, maybe if they improve it I may consider it in a couple years. I would really like to test drive one though and see what it is all about. I hear that Tesla owners can't imagine going back to a non-electric car. But what I'm not excited about is the way Tesla gets described as a technology company more than a car company, basically being called "the Apple of the car industry" lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
I can't get excited about it.
The car is rather boring to look at and the interior is just ugly, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
That big center screen looks like it has just been thrown in and glued on....I think I'll stick to my CX-3.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess they wanted a significant difference on this new release but failed big time on that. Nevertheless, since everything revolves around technology these days, their approach is somewhat on point with that main agenda in mind.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I can't get excited about it.
The car is rather boring to look at and the interior is just ugly, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
That big center screen looks like it has just been thrown in and glued on....I think I'll stick to my CX-3.
I was trying to think just how to say what I think of it then, low and behold santa puts it exactly.

Think I'll just nip out and look at my CX-3 to cheer me up...Lol

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think it will kill all other electric cars. For 35000$, about 31000€ minus to 25000€ with french incentive ... it's really better!

A few Superchargers are now available and other are scheduled, also a tesla factory is about to get there or in germany, good job

while with our "renault" you have a 80€/month lease just for the batteries, 100km range, no-one wants that!! for my second car, i would really enjoy an electric one ...
According to a UK car magazine, CEO Elon Musk announces that unlimited free use of Tesla’s Supercharger network won't come as standard with the Model 3 - or is it being called |||?

They haven't announced what the cost is likely to be to pay for the option up front or as a monthly fee. The same magazine had someone commenting that a supercharger can charge the model S from empty to 85% in 30 minutes. This compares to home charging with a 240V outlet that would charge 215 miles (model 3 from empty to full) in 7.5 hours using a single charger. So without using the supercharger facility on a long return journey, this would involve rather a long coffee stop or an overnight hotel stop with cable hanging out the window :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts