Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Mazda Cx-3 is a fun and feisty vehicle, pairing taut handling with an edgy style that extends to the interior too.
Car And Driver seems to be a fan of it if the 5 stars is anything to go by.

But what is it about the CX-3 that drew you in?

·
Registered
2016 Mazda CX3
128 Posts
I was in the market for something in the 25-30k zone. Ive always favoured hatches over everything else, and if this hadn't grabbed me, I would have a Veloster or a Mini right now. But I still remember the first day I saw the CX3, I was at the VW dealership next to Mazda, and was looking at what price point the GTI started at, which was out of my range, and saw Mazda next door unloading CX3's off the truck and thought "Wow, what are those". Went over, chatted with the salesman, explained about it, a couple months later called up the salesman, and he sold me my CX3.

I liked the aggressive, sporty look to it. The lines all over were perfect, and it really looked and felt like a hatch instead of a cuv. Its quick, sounds great, and its a Mazda, which for awhile now has been a top notch company, so I said why not. It also pulled me away from getting a hot hatch instead, I think that says enough.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Was originally attracted to the 2010 mazda 3 and wanted a Mazda since then but yea, I was broke back then. That's ok, the CX-3 looks a lot better anyways.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The way it looks. It's "sporty" feel and handling. That I haven't seen anyone else driving one yet. The Dynamic Blue color that really pops. The toggle switch for the screen. The leatherette seats and leather wrapped steering wheel. Heated seats. That no one has beat me off the line of the stop light yet! :), The firm steering and added weight of the AWD version.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Coming from a subcompact hatch, I wanted something with AWD and newer toys (ooooh shiny!). Going to a Mazda3 didn't have enough reason to upgrade, and a CX-5 was too big for me. I love small cars so I was thinking about the Mazda2 when the CX-3 was announce and knew that was it.

After that, all the premium touches in the CX-3 really won me over the competitors. And becuase Mazda.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Its a great looking and great driving CUV, the best in the market. While the competitors seem to be concerned with giving it as much space as possible to make it "practical" and making their CUVs ugly in the process, Mazda went for what the CUV should be about: Sporty and beautiful. Cargo space should be the least concern in a CUV, I mean if you want a spacious car, you're looking in the wrong class and should be looking at the CX-5 or CR-V or another one of those family-friendly boring SUVs.

If Mazda never made the CX-3, I never would've even contemplated buying a CUV. I mean just look at the competitors, they're butt ugly. The HR-V looks like an egg on 4 bicycle wheels. And have you seen the Chevy Trax? LOL! I wouldn't drive that if they paid me.

Also, the CX-3 won Yahoo Autos 2016 Savvy Ride of the Year and just lost out the overall Ride of the Year to the far more expensive Volvo XC90. The three finalists were the CX-3, the Miata, and XC90.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I really like the fuel consumption and on the highway the numbers keep going lower. Although not a huge selling point now since gas prices have come down if gas went up again it is good to know the car is fuel efficient.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I absolutely love how the CX3 handles in snow.

I've owned many FWD and RWD vehicles over the years, but this is the first AWD I have had the pleasure of driving. The AWD system in the CX3 is rated as one of the best out there by many in the automotive field and I can understand why. This thing is almost intuitive when it comes to really poor road conditions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
HOW TO MAKE A BETTER AND SAFER CX 3

Adventure is a wonderful thing until it all goes wrong.

I see un~ natural disasters in the news these days as many cars get caught part way under water from floods , while other car get caught in forest fires and other disasters.

I realize that no body wants to be one of those caught out, that is, you will , if you do not prepare for the un~ for~ seen. even on a nice day dumb thinks can and do happen, even at home or in the garage.

There is no sense in having a fancy CX3, if ,that car can not take care of you say in a lightning storm, your car is the perfect Faraday cage stay inside till it's over.

You don't need me to go into great detail as to how to provision your vehicle in case of emergency especially out on long trips, say ,into no - mans- land, o on the highway after a crash .

For most people a cell phone is all that they may need, however , cell phone are not the complete answer," what if " the battery is dead, electronics are always suspect.
You may have to answer your own questions here as to what equipment and supplies are absolutely necessary to be safe.
Make your own packing list in a proper book , don't forget the flash light spare bulbs and several batteries .

Ask your self questions , like who has medical or potential medical heart issues say under stress .

Is the spare tire up to pressure , all sounds silly till it happens, do you carry sufficient gasoline , are you equip to spend many nights in a car ,how about medical supplies including plenty of food and water .

How about rain wear, and a tarpaulin and proper clothing ?
Can you make a fire down wind of the car ?
Do you know how to make smoke?
Do you know how to send S .O . S * * * - - - * * * with the car horn or the car head lights?

BE SAFE !
CX3 BERMUDA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts