Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

481 - 491 of 491 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Threw a set of Rally Armor universals on yesterday. The area where I live, most people are on wells so they use sand instead of salt on the roads in winter. Hopefully these prevent my rockers from being sandblasted clean.
Those look decent!
Ebay?
Also were you able to squeak them in without removing the tires?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Threw a set of Rally Armor universals on yesterday. The area where I live, most people are on wells so they use sand instead of salt on the roads in winter. Hopefully these prevent my rockers from being sandblasted clean.
Looks good and can confirm they work better than any of the other available brands as I have installed all and kept these as the final product lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Those look decent!
Ebay?
Also were you able to squeak them in without removing the tires?
I bought them right from Rally Armor's online site. It was the best price I could find here in Canada, every reseller either has them marked way up, or didn't have the universal set and/or Blue logo.
The front went on easy without removing the tires but the rear I took off so I could make another hole for an extra clip.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Sound Deadening Doors

Sound deadening the front doors, pictures:

1st: Backside of the Door Module Panel showing the window mechanism. With only 9K miles (all paved roads), a surprising amount of dirt and dust had accumulated on the track. How will it look at 50K?

2nd: Noico applied to the outer skin, along with templates for the backside of the door (#2 is hidden behind the door handle, the cables, and the panel itself).

3rd: Acoustical treatment as demonstrated by Keep_Hope_Alive. Only 1” on this side, will try 2” on the driver’s door.

References:
• Initial Inspiration: David Ram, CX3Forum, High End Audio Build.
• CX-3 Door Disassembly and CLD application (Noico 80 mil): YouTube search: "2016 Mazda CX-3 + Focal PS-165fx" Part 2
• Sound Absorption: YouTube search: "Acoustical Treatments For Automotive Doors"
• Sound Absorption Material: Roxul AFB, ATS Acoustics Performance Tests.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Make much of a difference?
For all the effort I put in, of course it did ... a fantastic difference!

Seriously, I don't have a quality input source to truly test it. The mid-base seems more controlled, but I haven't made any quantitative measures.

I'm very slow, and we have long winters here in Maine ... but this winter I plan to incorporate some of the mods I've seen on various domestic and JDM sites ... and of course, will report on them here.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My car shut down right when I was about to head to the gas station. Thought it was an engine problem, but nope. Car just needed a simple battery swap and engine cap replaced/tightened due to wearing out of rubber seal. Cost around $500 CAD for parts and labour. Not bad for an almost 5 year car (Sept 2020). I have done no major changes to anything. The only other reason I brought my car into the dealership was a timing belt replacement (it snapped around year 2-3). But that was covered by car warranty. Besides that, I’ve had no mechanical problems with my vehicle at all. Battery replacement was expected as I live in a city where the temperature can dip really low. I do A LOT of driving for work... so I say, the problems I’ve had (if they can be referred to as problems) were very minimal. Hope to drive this car for another 5 years+!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Installed a 2 channel dash cam last week. Ended up getting aThinkware f800 pro, and using some of the tutorials on this site an y.t., got it hard wired in to take advantage of the parking mode features— which I ended up turning off anyway.

Camera quality is pretty good, but I had several “issues” with the general design and thought processes of the designers.

1) Instructions. Yes I’m old fashioned, I like an instruction manual, this one doesn’t have one. It has a “booklet” in 12 languages on how to insert an advert card, but no other information than that—not even information on how to get information. O.k. You have to download instructions on your device, yet you have to use the same device to “aim” the cameras, the same device to view the cameras, AND the same device to program the unit. You can’t do all three on one device at the same time. Instruction manual please....

2) parking mode. There are several parking modes. The first one I turned off was the motion activated mode. Every time you start the car you get a verbal report telling you how many objects passed the camera. This could be people, birds, leaves, or shadows. So I turned it off. The next mode was impact mode. Every time you start the car you get a verbal report of how many “ impacts” the car sustained. Problem is, the device records your entering the car or opening/closing the hatch as an “ impact”. I don’t need a recorded voice telling me that Ive entered my own vehicle. So that got turned off too.

3) the recorded voice....Lets just say it’s somewhere between pathetic and embarrassing. The quality is reminiscent of those battery operated dolls my sister used to get for her birthdays, back in the 70’s. Yet every time you start the car the voice recording blabs out of how it’s connected to the gps, how it’s recording, and to please connect to wifi. After two days of this I turned off the “voice”, with my wife threatening to rip it off the windshield (u.k. windscreen) if I didn’t make it shut up.

But the cameras work great.....

481 - 491 of 491 Posts