Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

461 - 480 of 491 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
zetec2 ... whatever you do, don't take it lying down! Don't go gently into submission. Possibly even consider a good solicitor, or barrister, or whatever title's appropriate.

No doubt you've had enough wrinkled foreheads and "good lucks"!

·
Registered
29 Posts
mainemanx, thanks again, had a call late last night - Mazda apologising for delays seems last part of repair was complete replacement exhaust system "as a precaution" (how much ? total repair, legal costs, hire car etc, etc now GPB £ 30K or maybe more just lunacy, somebody made a mad decision somewhere) as the car had been rear ended and it may have damaged it !, also checked the engine /gearbox mountings, structurally as well to confirm no distortion, no doubt any problems will show up on a road test (noise, vibration etc) , had a phone call 15 minutes ago (Mazda & body shop) they hope to deliver car back during the course of this morning, ongoing queries like fitment of matching Aero Kit etc pending, they just want to get the car back to us, also the car will not go on any register as Mazda say that they will support the work, etc as to new specification, that's good because it was brand new !, we will see as the morning progresses, and I will advise and try & post pictures, thanks again, b rgds, Paul H.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Zetec2 ... yes please, pictures. Johnson's on Botley Road, Oxford are doing the honors? Presumably the numbers they're showing you are retail, whereas they're not actually out-of-pocket that amount. Still, it seems silly they didn't write it off.

It sounds as though they may be embarrassed and will ultimately make it right :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got it back this afternoon, after much apologising but _ we have Red front spoilers and red rear under panel from the Aero Kit fitted, silver side panels so more aggro trying to get the side skirts change to match the car, nightmare, will advise how it all progresses, what is it with Johnsons ?, I use Lodge Garage near Aylesbury, more friendly and give better discounts, we will wait & see what transpires re the Aero Kit saga,rgds, Paul H.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Zetec2 ... can't believe they'd give it back to you with mixed kit. Hopefully everything else is tickety-boo.

Johnson's was just a guess from Google Maps. Several times in your area ... touristy things: Blenheim, Blackwell's ... even trekked a portion of the Grand Union Canal one summer, from Aylesbury over to Marsworth, and then up to somewhere in Birmingham :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, had a call from Mazda Customer Services last night, asking if I was happy with the repair and sevice etc, afraid lost my cool, most unusual for me, got round to demanding the car be sorted, matching panels etc, etc and be fixed (red all round) at Mazda's expense, had chaps name, phone number and dept, that was good, but afraid I put the phone down on him because all I got were excuses - not his department, am only able too pass messages etc, had to point out to him I am one of those funny things called a customer and you are from customer services so sort it. Wife says she hasn't seen me like that in years !.

Anyway had a call from the body shop this morning (Thame Crash Repair, very good people) saying what colour side panels do I require, seems Mazda been on to them to satisfy the requirement to finish the vehicle to the customers satisfaction, guess my rant might have worked, so the red side panels are on order they will be fitted when we come back from holiday, I will have a CX3 as new (it was) with a full red Aero Kit fitted and Mazda insurance can sort it out themselves, for the moment just glad we have the vehicle back and await the final outcome in a couple of weeks, in meantime will work out how to post pictures on here now my photobucket account has expired (does Imgur or TinyPic work), will be back with regards, Paul H, Bicester, Oxfordshire.UK.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well, had a call from Mazda Customer Services last night, asking if I was happy with the repair and sevice etc, afraid lost my cool, most unusual for me, got round to demanding the car be sorted, matching panels etc, etc and be fixed (red all round) at Mazda's expense, had chaps name, phone number and dept, that was good, but afraid I put the phone down on him because all I got were excuses - not his department, am only able too pass messages etc, had to point out to him I am one of those funny things called a customer and you are from customer services so sort it. Wife says she hasn't seen me like that in years !.

Anyway had a call from the body shop this morning (Thame Crash Repair, very good people) saying what colour side panels do I require, seems Mazda been on to them to satisfy the requirement to finish the vehicle to the customers satisfaction, guess my rant might have worked, so the red side panels are on order they will be fitted when we come back from holiday, I will have a CX3 as new (it was) with a full red Aero Kit fitted and Mazda insurance can sort it out themselves, for the moment just glad we have the vehicle back and await the final outcome in a couple of weeks, in meantime will work out how to post pictures on here now my photobucket account has expired (does Imgur or TinyPic work), will be back with regards, Paul H, Bicester, Oxfordshire.UK.
I've never seen a saga like yours. You could have had a CX-5 GT for the price that Mazda paid for the repairs on the 3!! Good that you got mad. Sometimes that is all it takes.
For the photos, if you do it all on your phone, it will resize it automatically, but come through a little small.
If you are on a PC, I just use Free Online Picture Resizer - Crop and Resize photos, images, or pictures online for FREE!
just follow the directions and resize it to the max limit, save it to a location on your computer, then just drag and drop it to the "Drag Files Here To Attach!" portion of the forum post :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
With Japan being the exception that proves the rule (aphorism often employed in beginning economics classes :), car dealers appear to be the same all over the world. We all owe you one for having the chutzpah to give 'em h3ll for their defensiveness ... with their infinite supply of excuses ... it's as if THEY were the victims!

Fortunately, slow 'though it may be, it appears you're "getting there".

·
Registered
29 Posts
The red inserts for the side skirts - no longer available as individual part, so 2 complete Aero Kit side skirts with red inserts fitted are winging there way overnight from Mazda Belgium to be here tomorrow morning (see they can do things if it is needed) sadly they will sit and wait to be fitted after we come back from holiday in a fortnight, but hey it is finally coming together, thanks for info re pictures, will try in the morning and post at least one picture, with regards Paul H.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sunday 21 July finally told car to go in on Tuesday to have the new (red insert) side skirts fitted, Mazda are pestering me to fill out the customer satisfaction details as to how the repair went, will leave judgement until we get the car back completely fitted out, plan to retain the side skirts with silver inserts and put them on E-Bay or some other site to make up for what has happened over the past nearly 3 months now, we have a matter with the rear seat upholstery as well, when the car was at the repairers they put all the body panel boxes in the back seats for storage, something has dug in to the drivers side rear seat and stretched the leather which shows no sign of reforming to original state (the leather has stretched as we can feel a dent/hole in the foam under the material) will leave that up to the repairers to come up with a solution, never ends, just want to get on and enjoy the car, will post again at end of week with photos (TinyPic - Imgur ??? which does the forum accept - don't do Photobucket any more). rgds, Paul H, Bicester, Oxfordshire , UK.

·
Registered
745 Posts
You're getting closer!

I just load my jpegs directly onto the site using the "Drag files here to attach!" button below. Is that not a good idea?

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's in the bodyshop to have the new side skirts fitted, due back tomorrow morning (timescale convenient for us) am having the old (but new) silver side skirts returned to me so they can go on E-Bay or something to maybe let a fellow CX3 owner start to upgrade theirs, more tomorrow when it is back on the drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally Complete (For Now!)

Been working on this for awhile now. Takes time with basically everything coming from China. Now it’s starting to look like a Touring model should IMO.

Have installed:

Rear bumper guard
Rear trunk boot tailgate door trim
Chrome scuff plates
Door handle cover trim
Chrome body side molding
Rear sill plate cover guard
Cargo Mat

[/url][/IMG]

picture upload

·
Registered
29 Posts
Finally fitted the Mazda armrest to the CX, did some modifications, found the kits 4 & 6mm screw fittings not up to the job, so got busy and tapped out the bracket and fitted 10mm internal hex head screws, made the job a lot firmer and now does the job properly, why wasn't it fitted as standard ?. any way quite happy with the finished item.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Been working on this for awhile now. Takes time with basically everything coming from China. Now it’s starting to look like a Touring model should IMO.

Have installed:

Rear bumper guard
Rear trunk boot tailgate door trim
Chrome scuff plates
Door handle cover trim
Chrome body side molding
Rear sill plate cover guard
Cargo Mat

[/url][/IMG]

picture upload

Looks good but...those scuff plates are meant to be installed on the outer metal portion of the door sil, not the plastic part I beleive?

The inner door sil scuff plates are found here:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-2017-2018-MAZDA-CX-3-CX3-Steel-inner-Door-Sill-Scuff-Plate-Guard-cover/162837323417?fits=Model:CX-3&hash=item25e9dc5e99:g:ndEAAOSwEyRadJtC

An example of the full inner and outer set is here:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Black-titanium-Door-Sill-Guards-Scuff-Plate-Trim-For-Mazda-CX-3-CX3-2017-2018/263613836992?hash=item3d609beec0:g:9GkAAOSwMGha1ezW

I could be wrong about the ones you have. If so please let me know :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Agreed

Looks good but...those scuff plates are meant to be installed on the outer metal portion of the door sil, not the plastic part I beleive?

I could be wrong about the ones you have. If so please let me know :)
I too think that these should be on the Metal Body Work, not the Plastic Trim, at least double side tape is cheap, just remove them and re-stick them on the metal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just this minute joined the forum , thank you for having me . I have been into car for over 6o years .
We have a Mazda cx3 in soul red. it is a GT model with out the 4WD and some other features

461 - 480 of 491 Posts