Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

441 - 460 of 492 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all,

I am pretty new to Mazda as I just purchased my CX-3 GT less then a month ago. After looking at everyone’s posts I decided to get the windows tinted 50/35 (WI legal), got some weather tech floor mats, installed sill plates, and also the splash guards (with anchorman’s help!). I was finally able to get it cleaned up today! Please let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey all,

I am pretty new to Mazda as I just purchased my CX-3 GT less then a month ago. After looking at everyone’s posts I decided to get the windows tinted 50/35 (WI legal), got some weather tech floor mats, installed sill plates, and also the splash guards (with anchorman’s help!). I was finally able to get it cleaned up today! Please let me know what you think!
Did you go the Ebay route for the sill plates or the dealer?
As for your CX...shiny shiny black is ALWAYS sexy :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey PandaG,

I usually use Tasca auto parts to get OEM parts. They also usually have them cheaper then the dealership... and you get the satisfaction of DIY install!

Here the link if you’re interested:
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/mazda-door-sill-trim-plates-00008ts02/?c=Zz1pbnRlcmlvciZzPXNpbGwtcGxhdGUmYT1tYXpkYSZvPWN4LTMmeT0yMDE4JnQ9Z3JhbmQtdG91cmluZyZlPTItMGwtbDQtZ2Fz
Ah good to know thanks!
However by the time it reaches Canada it might be the same cost as getting an OEM part here. I'll def have a comparison look though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Adjusted my windshield washer jets. They were pointing at the bottom of the windshield and at speed were not effective. Much better now.

·
Registered
205 Posts
2 Fiamm freeway blaster horns have now replaced the stock wimpy POS horn in the CX-3, no bumper removal required.

Tony

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had to call Mazda Assist for recovery and insurance info, got "punted" up the rear by an airhead female who drove full on into the back of me sat waiting at a roundabout, severe rear end damage , boot (trunk) floor distorted and lots of frontal damage as it pushed me into the car in front, only went out to get takeaway !!!!!!, car has only got 350 miles on it, only had it 3 weeks , wifey not happy, it is her car !.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Had to call Mazda Assist for recovery and insurance info, got "punted" up the rear by an airhead female who drove full on into the back of me sat waiting at a roundabout, severe rear end damage , boot (trunk) floor distorted and lots of frontal damage as it pushed me into the car in front, only went out to get takeaway !!!!!!, car has only got 350 miles on it, only had it 3 weeks , wifey not happy, it is her car !.
Oh man that SUCKS!
Most important is that all involved are ok.
Hopefully insurance does a write off and you get a replacement of the same.
At 3 months old and a crash like that its just not the same feeling if they fix it all :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi thanks for your post, still waiting for Mazda to come & collect it, don't think will be a write off as damage seems to be to all the plastic bits front & rear but will wait to see what they make of the crinkled boot (trunk) floor, will keep posted to give feedback in the way Mazda handles this, rgds Paul H, Bicester, near Oxford UK.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Further to the above after being heavily rear ended and being pushed into the car in front of us leaving the CX3 with front & rear damage, The Mazda system swung into action and our car was taken away and a hire car delivered (KIA Sorrento - just like a single decker bus all £ 40 K worth) anyway taken a fortnight to hear the news (originally thought it was going to be written off !) but the insurers have decided to repair it, costing about £ 10-1/2 K, half the price we paid for it, although because it is a CX3 GT-Line in Metallic Machine Grey (think that's right - same colour as our MX5 RF) it will take about 3 weeks as parts are like rocking horse poo having to be specially ordered from Hiroshima, will continue the saga when we hear more, although because of the damage and the delivery lorry will just deliver it and take the hire car away I will sign for it as uninspected and then get my local Mazda dealer to give it the once over, oh what fun we have.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Someone hit my door, broke the whole door, thankfully they left their number so insurance fixed it two weeks later... cost the insurance $2000.

Someone else hit my drivers side passenger door, but they didn't leave the number, so now I have dents on that side.

ugh how invisible is this car that no one can see it except the cops!

Also, I made it to 40000 miles, tire change is coming up, which tire do you guys recommend for road noise and wet performance? The stocks are noisy and slip with any sporty driving!

·
Registered
29 Posts
CX3 repair

Well after approx 6 weeks looks like our car might be ready this week with about USD 18K worth of parts and labour plus another USD 8K for hire car and associated charges , that the female who ran into the back of me will be going to pay through her insurance. BUT - our car is a CX3 GT-Line with full body kit with the silver highlights, now the only available rear lower panel (think diffuser above the exhaust pipes) that Mazda have been able to source comes with red highlights, we are told that the kit/panel is no longer available and discontinued, the body shop offered to spray it silver but were unsure of the exact colour ?, so we are waiting to get the car back with body kit with silver panels at front, side but a red rear !, no doubt we will get a call from Mazda when we get the car delivered but don't know how to proceed, do we ask for a complete replacement body kit ? or what, am open to ideas at the moment, the body shop is going to fit the red panel just so we can get the car back, latest today is they have found a headlamp broken hopefully (over USD 1K) that will arrive tomorrow but this is getting really rather silly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Regarding my CX3 incident, and my post on here does anyone from Mazda read this or these forums, as at today still no forecast as to when I am going to get it back, seems it is using the warranty sat in a repair shop, will Mazda add this on to my warranty - bet not, plus I will end up with a £ 22K car that is now worth £ 18K through no fault of mine, exasperation.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Regarding my CX3 incident, and my post on here does anyone from Mazda read this or these forums, as at today still no forecast as to when I am going to get it back, seems it is using the warranty sat in a repair shop, will Mazda add this on to my warranty - bet not, plus I will end up with a £ 22K car that is now worth £ 18K through no fault of mine, exasperation.
My goodness ... after your experience, I am doubly happy my insurance company agreed to write-off my Prius. Hopefully, Mazda will be willing to "work with you" if you have a not-long-out-of-warranty problem.

As with someone breaking into your house, it's a very frustrating and humbling experience to have someone smash into and break your car.

With all his Mazda experiences, we have to look to the Anchorman for inspiration. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, thanks for your reply, double for us as we did have our house broken into last October, still waiting for the insurance to pay out on that as well, be glad when this is all over, as at 15.00 today still no forecast from Mazda, body shop, despair sets in after a while, but there are people in a far worse situation than us so really mustn't grumble, such is life !.

·
Registered
29 Posts
CX3 repair

Within half an hour of my last post had a call from Mazda to say that it will be another week before we get our CX3 back from the body shop !!!!!!!!!, still have the hire car until then by which time the accumulated costs for our repair will exceed £ 25K (about USD $ 30K) we only paid £ 22K for the car , where is the logic in all this, am unable to get any sense out of Mazda as to why, will advise as it goes along.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hard Wired Dashcam - Finally!

First, I hope zetec2's CX-3 has been returned, properly repaired and everyone's happy :)

For me, I FINALLY hard wired my dash cam to the LH kick panel ... but not before the old VIOFO A119 had succumbed to Maine's winters. With over 6k reviews on the Big River, the Rexing V1 promises –20ºF survivability, and an 18 months warranty.

The Rexing appears serviceable, slightly larger and not as LHD-conveniently mounted. Because power is supplied from the right side of the unit, a left-of-the-central-pod mounting was somewhat intrusive on the pilot's vision (especially with my jacked-up seat).

I settled on the as-pictured mount, below the obligatory Maine E-ZPass. Following the lead of various others on the forum, I stuffed the wire behind the headliner, behind the A-pillar trim, and down to the kick panel.

Attachments

Reactions: thearborbarber

·
Registered
29 Posts
mainemanx, thanks for your comment, no still not returned, 2 months now, after promise after promise that it will be returned, still waiting, yesterday went through process to reject the vehicle, replacement or money back, only way I can get satisfaction because the vehicle is part financed through Mazda I have to take legal action against Mazda Finance ! seems they have a big grab on it (finance is small but they still have control it seems) so costly and no guarantee at end of day that I will win plus more delays.

Also as I have the GT version with the silver Aero Pack fitted (standard fit), the rear under spoiler,/diffuser had to be replaced, only colour that was available was RED ?????, so (this over a month ago) they got a red panel so the car could be assembled, so I now have a GT with silver front & side panes, red rear, am pushing for matching panels all round - logically, but no Mazda not prepared to supply the matching panels, just gets worse and worse, still no forecast as to when we will get the car back, plus we still have the hire/courtesy car (KIA Sorrento) which is accruing charges of GBP £ 150 per day, we are away on holiday for 2 weeks so the KIA will sit on our drive making the total outlay on our return to well over GBP £ 30K (original cost of CX3 GBP £22) , just utter madness and no end in sight.

Suppose should say beware of Mazda etc, etc, but I have had (and still do MX5 RF) Mazda's since 2002 and love them but this CX3 saga is just so ridiculous, my next course of action is to bring in the daily press and get this plastered all over the national newspapers and see what happens with that, but even so I still don't have the CX3 back, going now to have a coffee and a lay down in a darkened room, see if that helps.

So thanks and regards Paul H (zetec2)

441 - 460 of 492 Posts