Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I need 4 new tires...

Time for an upgrade!!!

Leaning towards the General G-MAX RS based on price and the recent TireRack test

Attachments

· Registered
747 Posts
Yuk! That su_ks, as the kids say. How many miles on current tires? Also, Generals, not the Vredesteins?

· Registered
142 Posts
Just curious as to what size you are getting.

· Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yuk! That su_ks, as the kids say. How many miles on current tires? Also, Generals, not the Vredesteins?
They have about 20k miles on them. I'm sure TireRack would be happy to shave a $250 OEM tire down for me but why pay $250 for a tire I don't like when I could pay a bit over 2x for 4 tires I will like? Haven't really looks at the Vredesteins. They don't have much market presence in the US midwest. Do you have a model recommendation?

Just curious as to what size you are getting.
I'm probably looking at 225/45-18.

DiscountTire Direct has been running some ridiculous sales around US holidays lately so I'm going to wait until Labor Day to see what they've got.

In the mean time, I bolted up my backup track wheels/tires from my race car. ASA JH-1 (a.k.a Sport Edition A7) 18x8 ET38 2.5x10^45 lbs wheels wrapped in Hankook Ventus R-S3 V2 245/40-18 200tw tires.

From an appearance perspective, it's the worst of both worlds: a little bit of poke while maintaining the 4x4 look.

I may just leave these wheels/tires on the car (until the snow tires come out) and sell the OEM wheels with three good tires and one unrepairable one.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.