Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new purchase. Can I suggest you add the car's details summary to your signature. That way it will always show when you make a post and if you have any queries about your new car it will help forum members in answering. Hopefully your new car will give you many 1,000's of miles of enjoyable motoring.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice To Be Here! Hello from Southern Ontario, Canada

Hi, all!

I got Miss Peanut (yes, that's her name) in May of this year, and I'm pretty certain that I'll be getting my first speeding ticket in a long time very shortly. :D I drove a fat cow of a Santa Fe for almost six years, so the difference in driving experience is rather startling.

Looking forward to exploring the threads and interacting with everyone!

Cheers!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi, all!

I got Miss Peanut (yes, that's her name) in May of this year, and I'm pretty certain that I'll be getting my first speeding ticket in a long time very shortly. :D I drove a fat cow of a Santa Fe for almost six years, so the difference in driving experience is rather startling.

Looking forward to exploring the threads and interacting with everyone!

Cheers!
Welcome Brigitte and Miss Peanut.

pics or it didn't happen ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome Brigitte and Miss Peanut.

pics or it didn't happen ;)
Thanks, Dean (and fellow Canadian)! Yeah, pics are coming. I'm still trying to decide on the best location for an official shoot. Just haven't had the time. :nerd:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys & gals,

Wifey got a soul red CX-3 AWD last week and she's in love with it. It's the family's first Mazda as we've always been both VW & Honda-oriented. I myself have always driven German vehicles with the exception of a Honda Ridgeline back in '07.

I must however honestly admit that Mazda was not our first choice. Our daughter moved to Toronto and took wifey's prized Jetta; necessitating a replacement. With heavy Canadian winters, we decided to go back to an AWD vehicle.

Our first trip was to the VW dealer to look at the Tiguan. As the M.Y. change was in process, the '17's were too overpriced and rare in selection. Since we couldn't wait for the '18's to arrive, we visited both Toyota and Honda. Toyota offered us practically nothing at staggering prices and Honda was just a tad too independant. HR-V's are scarce and in high demand. There was really no incentive from Honda Canada nor the dealer. Basically, if you want one, sign here; otherwise move on.

Then we heard an ad on the radio about Mazda's fall special incentives. My wife was gung ho but past images of both my neighbors' Mazda-3's rusting just after a few years of ownership still stuck in my head. The CDN-built Honda Civics didn't have this corrosion issue since they used North American steel with much less recycled content than the Japanese-built Mazdas.

Long story short, the features, build-quality and cash back incentives on the Mazda were just too good to pass up. Being the underdog (as compared to other Japanese car mfrs), Mazda really works hard to sell their cars. At the end of the day, and after having tried the HR-V, the CX-3 won my wife's heart hands down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Massachusetts! I've lurked here for a while and finally decided to post.

I've recently passed the two year mark with my CX-3, almost 24,000 miles

I am loving it. It's pretty much everything I've hoped it would be, including fun to drive :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All!

I have never joined a forum before, but I kept finding myself googling CX3 questions and it always led me here! I guess I have so many questions since this is my first Mazda.... I have owned mostly Honda Civics....but being in upstate NY, it was time for an AWD, and this seemed to be the best crossover, as it still drives like a car which I love!

My most recent thought is about rain guards for the side windows....has anyone used the 'in channel' for the CX3 as opposed to the tape on version? I love the look of the in channel but have heard they cause problems with windows not closing properly etc...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, first post, and here's my story.

I have a 2016 Subaru BRZ Sport-tech with a bunch of subtle aesthetic aftermarket add-ons (okay, I also lowered it and noised it out a little with an axleback), but there developed a problem - owing to me 'enjoying' a company vehicle, the BRZ is my lovely wife's daily driver. A mild Ontario winter last year + snow tires = no issue. An already snowy winter this year + nervous spouse concerned about pinballing hubby's visceral thrill ride into the ditch = alimonymaybeland.

Enter the CX 3.

There are a few cars on the road that cause one (me) to turn one's (my) head. The CX 3 ticks that particular box, with a bold, italicized, and underlined check mark.

It's as sexy as hell. (I've not actually been to hell yet, but will confirm things within the next few years - I doubt I'm going up).

The test drive sold us. I was actually prepared to trade in my beloved BRZ should the CX 3 have proven to be a track meister, but alas, it is a beautifully appointed, competent machine that ticked all of my wife's boxes (not a dirty pun btw), but just didn't Porsche me out as much as my BRZ does (so, bummer, I get to put my BRZ away for the winter - damn).

Our Soul Red Metallic 2018 CX 3 GT is on a boat and should be here in four weeks hopefully. (Insert 'pics or it didn't happen' here).

The point of my story?

To say hello, and to congratulate every one of you who also shares exquisite taste.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all! I just purchased my 2017 CX-3 Sport this past Sunday and am absolutely in love with the car. If anyone is in the Metro DC area, let me know! Would love to meet up and talk shop over a beer! :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good morning,

Name is Kyle, Currently living in Toronto Ontario Canada.

I am new to the forum, I am thinking of buying a Mazda CX3 and was looking for more information and customer experience. Watched alot of reviews on Youtube and such and just gonna poke around and read through some threads.

Hope to have some question and get some good answers from you guys

Reactions: Jroper

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ahoy thar! My parents set me up with a 2017 Ceramic CX-3 AWD to take to the snow here in Colorado. Loving this car so much ^^ I have an interest in tuning but am going to be keeping this one mostly stock, at least while my parents are still paying for it ^^;

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi All,

Great forum, and info/discussions.
Zech from South Africa.
Got a 2016 Mazda cx-3, soul red, 2.0L petrol, manual. Added in full leather, similar to current cx5(not half leather and half material). It's call the dynamic here (midrange).
Lacks the led, sunroof and leather, rear camera, navigation.
Already done some minor customisation: plastidip the chrome badges(front and rear) metallic gun metal. Added bonnet deflector, carbon fibre door scuff stickers.
Future mods, rear camera and dash cam. Looking at @anchorman ,his posts inspired me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello
I live in deepest (and at the moment a very cold, wet and unpleasant) North Yorkshire in the UK
I bought a grey CX3 Nav last August; on a whim! (It matched my motor bike, so knew it was meant to be)

So far it's done a good job, manly used as a town car: it doesn't have to work hard, if at all. Only my second Mazda, I had a 323 back in the 80's when I lived in Oz

I do have one question though, I intend to have a detachable tow-bar fitted; but no one can tell me how the rear warning things are isolated when a trailer is attached (including the dealership where I intend to have the job done!)
On this cars' predecessor, a Merc CLK there was a switch on the dash which deactivated them when a trailer was attached, but the Mazda doesn't have this

I am sure that there isn't a problem, and can only assume that they are "switched off" when the electrical connection is made; but would rather be sure before the job is done

Any advice please??

All the very best to one-n-all
Richard

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone,

Just picked up a 2018 CX-3.
Been looking at body kits and aftermarket parts and only found CorkSport for the US.
Through them I found a company in Japan called Autoexe which has a few options, but I'm unsure about fitment on a USDM Mazda.
Anyone aware of any major differences between US and Japanese Mazdas, besides the engine options and drivers side being on the right?
I know the CX-3 is manufactured in Japan so I don't think the body would be any different.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Hello
I live in deepest (and at the moment a very cold, wet and unpleasant) North Yorkshire in the UK
I bought a grey CX3 Nav last August; on a whim! (It matched my motor bike, so knew it was meant to be)

So far it's done a good job, manly used as a town car: it doesn't have to work hard, if at all. Only my second Mazda, I had a 323 back in the 80's when I lived in Oz

I do have one question though, I intend to have a detachable tow-bar fitted; but no one can tell me how the rear warning things are isolated when a trailer is attached (including the dealership where I intend to have the job done!)
On this cars' predecessor, a Merc CLK there was a switch on the dash which deactivated them when a trailer was attached, but the Mazda doesn't have this

I am sure that there isn't a problem, and can only assume that they are "switched off" when the electrical connection is made; but would rather be sure before the job is done

Any advice please??

All the very best to one-n-all
Richard

Welcome not the forum Richard.

It depends on the wiring kit but those from PF Jones automatically switch out reversing lights, fog lights and parking sensors from your own car as soon as you connect but pass through the above lights to the caravan if they are fitted. Very clever!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Mauritius

A big hello to everyone on this forum from our great island which is called Mauritius (Google may help for those who have not yet heard of it :D )
I would like to thank all the people who have posted their views about the CX-3 here, as it was of great help when having to choose my new car. And guess what??? The CX-3 won my heart over all its' contenders, including Honda HR-V, Renault Capture and Suzuki Vitara. Cannot be more happy about this little zippy premium feel car.
Model chosen was the Skyactive G 150 AWD (non-Bose)
So far so good. I only had it for less than a week now and still driving it like a grand father would because of the break in period :|
Will keep you posted with my own experience on the car in about 1 month guys and girls (to be politically correct).

Cheers

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome aboard and yes I did need Google to find your beautiful island.

For some reason I was thinking it was in the Mediterranean.

I think for the money it is a great car and hope you like it.

181 - 200 of 239 Posts