Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is for a 2018 Grand Touring CX-3.
When you press lock on the fob, it does the security beep. when you press again, it honks the horn.
Is there a way to disable the horn honk?

The reason I ask is because I have remote start and I need to hit the lock 3 times, and having the horn honk can be very annoying when I do it at 6 am. :(

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It’s a US thing so it doesn’t appear in my European manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got this figured out today after a lot of searching. We live in a nice, quiet, wooded neighborhood.......and that horn seemed to echo everywhere first thing in the morning.

As far as changing a Mazda setting to not honk on 2+ presses of the Lock button, I don't think it can be done on these vehicles. But you may be able to change the RS programming to use Lock-Unlock-Lock instead of 3X Lock. Not sure what brand of RS you are using, but on my Fortin, this is an option that can be changed with their flash link updater. With Lock-Unlock-Lock, you just get a series of beeps without a horn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Or better yet, buy the fortin fob/antenna upgrade to get 3500' range plus 2 way confirmation. It doesn't honk using the fortin fob, the $80 USD spent just to get 3500' range is worth it, like it's "feels like" -25 today, no need to go outside of the office because car manufacturers cheap out on range with factory/dealer installed remote start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts