Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ended up buying another CX3, this time the 2020 model GT. We only have the one dealer in our town. The next (several) are ferry rides and are on the mainland.
I have used this dealership before and had mixed feelings about my first transaction (poor) and the second (good) when I chose to deal with the manager only.
While I talked to the (new) manager and feel I got a fairly good deal (traded in my 2016 CX GS), what I really disliked was the feeling of being "chosen" when I initially walked in to view a car.
The salesman that glommed onto me --I didn't really like his sales pitches. I test drove the CX30 first and didn't like it and told him my reasons why. Several days later I thought about going to the GT model of the CX3. He knew my preferences but did not offer any alternatives --tried to just encourage the CX30 but I came to my own conclusions without him.
Today the sales manager and I made the deal for the white GT which was in inventory. After completing the paperwork the salesman was offhand with his first remark - and I was surprised no congratulations forthcoming from him. Overall, i just didn't like him enough to feel really good about buying from him.

On the sales and display floor, I met for the first time a woman sales person. IF I had known or had had the choice of approaching her, I WOULD HAVE. I liked her energy and openness. I felt like saying, where were you when I came in?
What is it about car salesmen who approach you and then can claim you as a customer? In retrospect, I would have loved to be on the floor, then ask, who's working today, and then, take my own pick!!

Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think they take turns when a customer walks in. It seems that if you walk in without a salesperson's name you get whoever is next on the rotation. They will shadow you like a Leon's salesperson and pounce when you stop to look at anything.
My last purchase enquiry was made online, so I had an appointment and asked for him by name when I walked in. That Mazda dealer has a separate department that handles online sales contacts and this works great. They know what you are interested in and have it ready when you arrive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts