Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a real problem getting to a Mazda dealer for oil changes etc. I cannot get under the car to do the deed myself, its way too low. Tried to get it done at Mazda the last time on vacation at Rapid City, SD but they were scheduling appointments a month away... Anyway, I talked to the Toyota dealer there and they performed the service for me. I was curious but they said Toyota uses the same engine in the Yaris etc. so they have the correct oil and filters. Price was about the same and they did a great job and I got clean oil in my wife's car!!!

Today, I am in Arizona and am going to do the same thing, the closest Mazda dealers are in Henderson, NV or Phoenix, AZ area, so I have an appointment with Anderson Toyota in Lake Havasu City.

This is just for information, if you can't get to a Mazda dealer you might consider Toyota. Cao.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Operation successful! Anderson Toyota in Lake Havasu City did a great job, very friendly dealership and they also did a full inspection as Mazda does. All OK!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I haven't visited a dealer for an oil change since my local Mazda service tech forgot to drain the old oil and added 5L of new oil to my brand new Tribute when it was in for its first service in 2009. The only reason it was even there was they offered a free service as a way to encourage me to come back. Well that didn't work out!

Since I usually buy used cars, once purchased they will never see me in their service department. I do most of my own maintenance and only go to a trusted aftermarket shop for things that I cannot do myself. I hate waiting in customer lounges and the price they charge for an oil change is crazy when I can do it myself for less than half the price.

·
Registered
2019 CX 3 Touring
5 Posts
I haven't visited a dealer for an oil change since my local Mazda service tech forgot to drain the old oil and added 5L of new oil to my brand new Tribute when it was in for its first service in 2009. The only reason it was even there was they offered a free service as a way to encourage me to come back. Well that didn't work out!

Since I usually buy used cars, once purchased they will never see me in their service department. I do most of my own maintenance and only go to a trusted aftermarket shop for things that I cannot do myself. I hate waiting in customer lounges and the price they charge for an oil change is crazy when I can do it myself for less than half the price.
I have always done the same thing, no dealers for me, only time my previous car saw a dealer was for air bag recall and they scratched the steering wheel pulling out the air bag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts