Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my friend has a 2016 Mazda CX3 with pushbutton start. He doesn't like that he can't lock his doors after starting his vehicle via push pushbutton start. I was explaining to him that my VW Jetta did this as well for safety reasons like not popping your trunk via keyfob while driving. I told him an easy work around for the engineers was to disable the fob once the transmission was put into a gear but nonetheless we have what we have.

There a legal tool available for VW called Vag-Com that can access the VW computer and there is an option to disable the key-fob locking out after starting. Once this was applied I could push button my car and then lock the doors and let it warm up during the -40's here.

He wants to know is there a tool like that available for his vehicle or an option to activate the keyfob once the mazda is started.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
The only tool I can think of that might come close to the function of Vag-Com is Forscan but I've never used it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
This was precisely why I got a aftermarket remote starter. Thats probably the usecase your friend wants this 'feature' for. The only alternative at the moment besides remote start is to lock it with the physical key inside the if you want to warm it up and then go inside while doing so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts