Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2017 CX3, going to call it a base model since it doesn't have the screen that pops up at the steering wheel. Something that has really been annoying me is the Bluetooth audio works well but is very quiet and missing the bass hits, when I plug the phone into either of the USB ports the music is much better sound quality wise, but it gets choppy when I turn a corner, (loose connection inside?) and the fast forward, rewind function develops a delay.

I tried replacing the USB cable and (for a different reason) the phone going from an S10+ to an S22+, it actually seems worse with the new phone, my next step is to see if a lower bitrate MP3 might help any.

I am curious if this has happened to anyone else and if they found the cause and/or a solution. After looking online at some videos I see it is a complete unit behind the dash making up the USB port instead of just a header wired up to the monitor on the dash.

Also as a secondary thought I was also wondering about getting the Android Auto retrofit kit. Are the ones on ebay or amazon legit or

·
Super Moderator
51 Posts
You say base model in Canada, does your car have the Touchscreen in center of dash?
IF so what Firmware is the car running?

Need to know what Version Number is in car now. ?
Go to touchscreen red 'SETTINGS',
Side Scroll to Top Far Right Folder 'SYSTEM',
Scroll Down to 'ABOUT'
Touch 'Version Information'.
Version Numbers are revealed.

Reactions: JoshB-CX3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You say base model in Canada, does your car have the Touchscreen in center of dash?
IF so what Firmware is the car running?

Need to know what Version Number is in car now. ?
Go to touchscreen red 'SETTINGS',
Side Scroll to Top Far Right Folder 'SYSTEM',
Scroll Down to 'ABOUT'
Touch 'Version Information'.
Version Numbers are revealed.
Hi,
It is the base Canadian model, VIN lookup says it's the Sport trim.
It has the touch in dash screen and the version on it is 55.00.??? NA N (I forget the last 3 numbers since I was just checking it to see if I would need to be the 2 updates or straight to 70+.

For the audio issue, it's weird the stutter and delays happen when the wheel turns and returns to driving straight, but I tested it the other night when I got home and parked with the vehicle still running and turning the wheel all the way left and right did nothing, the music kept playing properly through USB connection.

·
Super Moderator
51 Posts
Yes, you should do the 2 updates, 70 and latest 74, then see how your BT is working.

Reactions: JoshB-CX3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, you should do the 2 updates, 70 and latest 74, then see how your BT is working.
Thanks I have the 70.00.100A and 74.00.311A files and will do them in that order.
bluetooth is fine, much quieter than using the USB but no media interruptions when turning.
I ordered a USB replacement piece that says it's for AA and hope it arrives quickly, really hope it solves the issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts