Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I waited for what seemed like forever for the CX-3 to be available in the US. It's gotten great reviews and I expected to start seeing them on the road. I live in Northern California (near Sacramento) and, since I purchased my car on September 4, 2015, I have seen two CX-3s. Yup, Just two. What's been your experience? I wonder how sales have been in the US...

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've only seen 3 on the roads since being released. I'm surprised as those in and around Seattle love small AWD crossovers.

That being said, I've been out of the country a bit and only have 900 miles in 4 months so I've not been out much to see them :)

I have seen about 7-8 in Tokyo!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've only seen 2 or 3 others here in Milwaukee. One local Soul Red one I've seen around a couple times.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tokyo doesn't count. ;) I've got almost 3000 miles on mine. It surprises me that I don't see more but those that see mine almost always comment on it. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've only seen one here in Massachusetts. I beeped as I drove by, but the woman driving seemed clueless.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Being Canadian, I can't speak for U.S. cars, but in Southern Ontario, Canada the only CX3s that I have seen are in or around the small community close to where I live (Milton, Ontario). I have not seen even one in the big smoke (Toronto) or on the major highways here. Strange! But when I got one of the first Subaru Foresters back in 1999, there were so few that we would greet each other on sight by flicking lights or giving a honk on the horn. I can't even do that with the CX3 because there aren’t any others in sight.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Vancouver

I've only had mine for about a week but i've only seen two others on the road in Vancouver, BC. Both in Dynamic blue.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Being Canadian, I can't speak for U.S. cars, but in Southern Ontario, Canada the only CX3s that I have seen are in or around the small community close to where I live (Milton, Ontario). I have not seen even one in the big smoke (Toronto) or on the major highways here. Strange! But when I got one of the first Subaru Foresters back in 1999, there were so few that we would greet each other on sight by flicking lights or giving a honk on the horn. I can't even do that with the CX3 because there aren’t any others in sight.
the CX 3 is a low-volume car here in Toronto, I have seen around 3 in the last month. the Mazda 3 (both sedan and hatch) and the CX 5 are much greater in numbers

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've seen one in the northern Illinois area. It was night time and the CX3 was behind me. I thought it was a CX3 based on the unique headlights in my rear view mirror. At a light the vehicle pulled beside me in the left turn lane. We lowered our windows and complimented each other on our choices. I would have expected to see more by now.

·
Registered
234 Posts
there has been maybe 7 cx3s here in Madison i've seen many of which i watched being sold at our dealership and prep a few of them for final sale myself...the numbers are growing as our inventory for them are going by quick

·
Registered
3 Posts
I saw two around my area: one Ceramic and one Meteor Gray.

It seems like the total US sales number in 2015 is about 6,500.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just to get an international perspective, here in Australia the CX3 has been available since about March 2015 and I see several every time I am out and about in Sydney.

·
Registered
56 Posts
They are slowly selling but getting up to speed as lease and purchase offers have been pretty good lately.

I don't want to see too many of them on the road.

I like the unique factor and they will draw more attention from others, cause they are so new.

I savor being the only one in my city with one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here in Toronto I've only seen the CX3 at the dealership. With any new model, it takes time however I find once you own a particular model, you tend to see more of them on the road as opposed to a non familiar vehicle.

the CX 3 is a low-volume car here in Toronto, I have seen around 3 in the last month. the Mazda 3 (both sedan and hatch) and the CX 5 are much greater in numbers

·
Registered
893 Posts
They are slowly selling but getting up to speed as lease and purchase offers have been pretty good lately.

I don't want to see too many of them on the road.

I like the unique factor and they will draw more attention from others, cause they are so new.

I savor being the only one in my city with one.
Yep no matter how nice a car is, once you see too many of them on the road they become ugly and generic.

·
Registered
193 Posts
At one time I considered BMW 3 series special. Now they are everywhere and like an ant... you don't even notice it as you go by.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts