Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our CX3 is a 2020 model. Few evenings ago, while visiting at friends, she was broken into! Well, sort of!!! When returning to the car to go home, i pressed the alarm fob on the door handle, but got audible response from the car (the double beeping sound) to indicate the alarm's deactivated and the car is unlocked. I then took the key out my pocket, pressed the unlock button a few times in succession, because there was no audible response! Tugged the dòor handle, assuming the beeping response might somehow gotten deactivated, but door was locked. Tugged the rear door handle and it too was locked. My friend then tugged the passenger door handle and it opened! I walked round to that side of the car andimmediately noticed the glove compartment was open and the the contents usually stored in it was scattered in the foot well. Immediately I realised the car was burgled and walked to the front of the car and noticed the hood was ajar!!!! The battery was taken, hence the lack of audible response when the alarm buttons were pressed. The strange thing is though, there's no visible signs of forced entry around the door/window arrears! Is it possible entry could've have been gained somehow by opening the hood and disconnecting the battery???? I desperately need to learn how possible entry could've been gained by someone not in possession of the key, as I'm having an incredibly difficult time with my insurance, as their argument is that the car doesn't appear to have been forcibly enter, but they don't seem to care much in terms of conducting an actual investigation as to how the car could possibly have been entered! Please, is there someone out there able to assist or advice me on this matter????

·
Registered
2019 CX 3 Touring
29 Posts
Our CX3 is a 2020 model. Few evenings ago, while visiting at friends, she was broken into! Well, sort of!!! When returning to the car to go home, i pressed the alarm fob on the door handle, but got audible response from the car (the double beeping sound) to indicate the alarm's deactivated and the car is unlocked. I then took the key out my pocket, pressed the unlock button a few times in succession, because there was no audible response! Tugged the dòor handle, assuming the beeping response might somehow gotten deactivated, but door was locked. Tugged the rear door handle and it too was locked. My friend then tugged the passenger door handle and it opened! I walked round to that side of the car andimmediately noticed the glove compartment was open and the the contents usually stored in it was scattered in the foot well. Immediately I realised the car was burgled and walked to the front of the car and noticed the hood was ajar!!!! The battery was taken, hence the lack of audible response when the alarm buttons were pressed. The strange thing is though, there's no visible signs of forced entry around the door/window arrears! Is it possible entry could've have been gained somehow by opening the hood and disconnecting the battery???? I desperately need to learn how possible entry could've been gained by someone not in possession of the key, as I'm having an incredibly difficult time with my insurance, as their argument is that the car doesn't appear to have been forcibly enter, but they don't seem to care much in terms of conducting an actual investigation as to how the car could possibly have been entered! Please, is there someone out there able to assist or advice me on this matter????
I have read that the thieves have now an amplifier, one guy stands next to where they think your key fob is in your house and the other guy stands next to your car and opens it using your own amplified signal, you need to use a key fob shield when you are not in the car, it's a small metal box that protects it, some say aluminum foil works as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts