Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to upgrade my low beams and ordered Philips X-tremeVision + 100 bulbs. When I tried to install them, I found the stock Mazda bulb has 3 plastic "ears" to hold the bulb in place and the replacement bulbs are round without the ears. Am I missing something? Is there a way to install the Philips bulbs that I fail to realize, or are there no up-graded bulbs that fit our cars?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I decided to upgrade my low beams and ordered Philips X-tremeVision + 100 bulbs. When I tried to install them, I found the stock Mazda bulb has 3 plastic "ears" to hold the bulb in place and the replacement bulbs are round without the ears. Am I missing something? Is there a way to install the Philips bulbs that I fail to realize, or are there no up-graded bulbs that fit our cars?
What bulb type did you buy?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
You have to be careful installing H11s. They nearly always come out without the rubber seal - it sticks in the headlight. You will try for ever more trying to get the new one in when the old seal is still in. It also makes the bulbs look different.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I should have said that the stock bulb has plastic ears as part of the base and goes in with a bayonet type fitting - insert into the 3 openings of the receptacle and turn 90 degrees. The ears are on the plastic part of the bulb, not the internal metal portion.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I guess I should have said that the stock bulb has plastic ears as part of the base and goes in with a bayonet type fitting - insert into the 3 openings of the receptacle and turn 90 degrees. The ears are on the plastic part of the bulb, not the internal metal portion.
Can you photograph both please.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anchorman, I feel like an idiot. When I went to take the photos you asked for, I realized I had been looking at the high beam headlight bulb & socket. When I checked the headlight diagram in the manual, I saw I had been trying to put the low beam bulb in the high beam socket. All's well and the new bulbs are where they are supposed to be. Sorry if I caused anyone to wonder what I was looking at/doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts