Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few days I'll receive a 2017 CX3 2.0 NAV AWD.
After read a lot of posts I have a question that you may help me solve. There is the possibility of installing a Tweak with Android Auto and with some interesting functions such as unlocking the touch screen, or there is the possibility of updating the firmware, which complicates installing the tweak since it must be done by serial connection and must be disassembled parts to make the connection.
I'm interested in the system works fine and being able to have Apple Car or Android Auto, better if are wireless. And in this I am left wondering if I must retrofit and install the module that has the USB with the symbol of a phone or I could use Android auto without problems and without touching anything except upgrade the firmware.
Forgive me but I find myself lost in a sea of doubts. Too much information.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi There, welcome to the forum.

Short answer, get the upgrade (hardware support) for android auto/apple car play.

Long answer: AIO tweaks are great, I used all of them at some point, but it does cause stability issues, especially if you have the navigation card. The system has limited memory to run all these tweaks. It may work at first then on a long drive will freeze up and you'll need to reset the mzd connect system.
This includes all the application tweaks - GPS mods, spedometer etc. And the newer CADSK mods.

What I have found that you can use with out issue are the 'soft tweaks', things like adding date to status bar, menu modifications (continuous scroll top top to bottom cycling). Touch screen while driving, album art. Basically all the tweaks that dont need to run an application.

So the official hard ware that gets installed address the memory issue (added some for the system to use).

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts