Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CX-3 Mod. 2020 with the basic radio (not even BT available...) so i bought an original one from another car (totally wrecked), but the harness adapters weren't included so i'm trying to get them from Aliexpress or any other site but i can't really find them =/ anyone has had the same problem and solved it?
Thanks for the answers.
Attaching pictures of both radios connections.

Attachments

· Registered
688 Posts
As im probably one of the few who suffered with diy radio mods here I can sufficiently say you will not be able to use that new radio.

The ones with the screen isnt a radio box but is managing a ton of other mazda data connections within the car for sat radio/gps/reverse cam/canbus for hud adjustments etc. Infact the reason the connections are entirely different is because for those models with the screen, the radio box is located on the lower right passenger footwell. You wont be able to use a harness to swap connections here since its the new unit isnt a radio but gets signals from a separate radio box.

Look through this thread for what Im referring to with pictures

What you can do is buy a full android replacement unit from aliexpress or ebay or companies directly like belsee etc and theyll have units to give you a screen with full radio bt gps etc tech but it will not be mazda oem. Infact it's easier for you to upgrade to those android units with the basic radio than it is for us with the oem screen.

Hope this helps answer some concerns

· Registered
688 Posts
If you do get a android unit make sure it comes with a control knob for your model year. Some come without and some come with a 2016 version vs 2019+. The knob controls add an extra convenience and while it wont be the same as mazda oem functionality its nice to have.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As im probably one of the few who suffered with diy radio mods here I can sufficiently say you will not be able to use that new radio.

The ones with the screen isnt a radio box but is managing a ton of other mazda data connections within the car for sat radio/gps/reverse cam/canbus for hud adjustments etc. Infact the reason the connections are entirely different is because for those models with the screen, the radio box is located on the lower right passenger footwell. You wont be able to use a harness to swap connections here since its the new unit isnt a radio but gets signals from a separate radio box.

Look through this thread for what Im referring to with pictures

What you can do is buy a full android replacement unit from aliexpress or ebay or companies directly like belsee etc and theyll have units to give you a screen with full radio bt gps etc tech but it will not be mazda oem. Infact it's easier for you to upgrade to those android units with the basic radio than it is for us with the oem screen.

Hope this helps answer some concerns
After reading the post you quoted i ran to verify the box behind the glove box but there is nothing like it around, i'm more confused now but i think what you say is the best solution, i'll just order an Android unit that fits my model :/.
Anyways I thank you for the information and time to explain it to me.
Just in case, attaching pictures of the back of the glove box.
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Hood Gas Automotive tire Rim

· Registered
688 Posts
My point was that they are basically two different cars wired differently. You dont have the box on the passenger side because your original radio is that box. The screen you purchased is not a radio unit thats why the connections are completely different and why i had trouble initially figuring out why none of my radio harnesses would fit until i discovered the real radio box for my model.

· Registered
688 Posts
If anything you are lucky because you can upgrade to a better android unit where as those of us with the original screen are basically stuck with what we got and almost zero alternative :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts