1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Very nice- thanks for sharing. This was a concern of mine before buying - I went with the UK test which it did well on when comparing cars, but definitely very nice to see this result too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that was one thing I was concerned about too. I'm pretty shocked the ratings were that good though. It has the same safety ratings as a Ford F-150 truck. That's pretty impressive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It is interesting that they do not list any of the enhanced safety features such as lane departure warning, forward collision, or rearview camera. I wonder if this is because the model they tested (Touring) did not have these options, or if the options do not meet the NHTSA standards? If they dont meet the standards I wonder why, does anyone have information on this?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It is interesting that they do not list any of the enhanced safety features such as lane departure warning, forward collision, or rearview camera. I wonder if this is because the model they tested (Touring) did not have these options, or if the options do not meet the NHTSA standards? If they dont meet the standards I wonder why, does anyone have information on this?
I'm pretty sure this is just strictly crash tests. How well you would survive in a crash. The electronic safety warnings and add-on's don't really factor in to these tests.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No, I understand that the star ratings are just for the crash tests. The site though also lists "recommended advanced technology features", currently this is the rearview video system, forward collision warning system, and lane departure warning system, but used to include the electronic stability control system as well until that became required on all cars. There is a help tooltip that tells you:

Only versions of advanced technologies that meet NHTSA performance tests get check marks. Technologies listed elsewhere (i.e. ads, labels, etc.) may not meet NHTSA's tests.
Since there are no checks for these technologies despite them being available, does this mean that they do not meet NHTSA's tests? or were they not tested? I don't see an answer anywhere on the NHTSA website, so I wanted to make it noted here that these technologies are at the very least untested and at most do not meet NHTSA performance criteria.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts