1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Now that is impressive, something that should have those that live in cities liking the CX-3 slightly more than its competition. In the city, turning radius like this really shines.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I wonder if they did anything specifically for the purpose of improving turning radius or if how they set it up without radius in mind, that this just happened to be the positive outcome.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I imagine that the turning radius is more a product of the platform than the model. So the engineering expertise starts there.

I'll have to test out the turning radius specifically when I go for the test drive now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I imagine that the turning radius is more a product of the platform than the model. So the engineering expertise starts there.

I'll have to test out the turning radius specifically when I go for the test drive now.
Let us know how you like it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So what does the turning radius have to do with? Mainly the Length of the CX-3 or does it have to do with the design of the steering? Just curious.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what does the turning radius have to do with? Mainly the Length of the CX-3 or does it have to do with the design of the steering? Just curious.
Technically it's the curb to curb turning circle. I used the wrong term in the subject. It denotes the minimum distance 2 curbs would need to be apart for the car to U-turn between them and not hit the curb with its wheel.
Turning radius - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006020308606

·
Registered
275 Posts
Looked up what its comparable to and a Honda Fit of all things has a similar turning radius, who would have known!

·
Registered
265 Posts
That it is, especially during peak hours where cars are parked on streets and getting in and out can be tight.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a CX3 GT and an 08 Miata. Although the CX3 turning radius of 34 feet and change isn't as tight as the Miata at approximately 30 feet, the maneuverability of the CX3 is incredibly impressive. The CX3 remains flat in aggressive cornering and has a great suspension. Most impressive of all, the CX3 is only approximately 400 pounds heavier that the PRHT 08 MX5 GT.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was curious how the turning circle on the CX-3 compared to my Vibe and the HR-V. My Vibe is rated at 36.9 ft and the HR-V lists 37.4 ft. According to this Australian brochure I found (https://www.mazda.com.au/assets/cars/firstevermazdacx3/brochure/cx-3-digital-brochure.pdf), the CX-3 is 10.6 m which comes out to 34.8 ft! That's amazing! This thing must turn on a dime. I can't wait to drive one!
Okay I owned a 2004 Vibe and now own a CX3 (the closest thing I could find to replacing my beloved Vibe) and this thing does turn on a dime. It's got a better turning radius than the vibe has. My mother (who now has the vibe) and I are going to compare in person the next time I'm visiting her at home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts