Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the Nav system saying road names on the CX-3?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
You mean speaking the road names? That can be done in the settings whilst on the Nav screen, not in the main menu.

While we are on the subject, mine shows road names at the top of the screen as I pass them even when no destination is set or even in the Nav screen. Does anybody know how to stop that?

·
Registered
122 Posts
You mean speaking the road names? That can be done in the settings whilst on the Nav screen, not in the main menu.

While we are on the subject, mine shows road names at the top of the screen as I pass them even when no destination is set or even in the Nav screen. Does anybody know how to stop that?
That would be good if there's an option.

·
Registered
256 Posts

That's a thing I would like to turn off too but I haven't found an option for it, so I don't think You can.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I know, my phone dropped out one day and all I wanted to see was the signal strength but it seemed to think it more important to tell me I was passing Station Road or some other irrelevant location!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I know, my phone dropped out one day and all I wanted to see was the signal strength but it seemed to think it more important to tell me I was passing Station Road or some other irrelevant location!
Yep :)
An "OFF" option for the road names and a possibility to show the actual GPS speed are two things I would like to have implemented into the nav system.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's exactly the same reason for me. Maybe it's a case of another overthought feature

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah... that's what I thought. There's many options in the Nav menu but I didn't see anything that would enable me to turn off the system speaking the road names. Thanks for the confirmation, guys! :)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Yeah... that's what I thought. There's many options in the Nav menu but I didn't see anything that would enable me to turn off the system speaking the road names. Thanks for the confirmation, guys! :)
You can set the volume in that menu. Maybe you can mute it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Am I the only one that enjoys the navigation saying (and sometimes mispronouncing) the street names? :)

I would definitely like to turn off the display of road names like Anchorman says.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Am I the only one that enjoys the navigation saying (and sometimes mispronouncing) the street names? :)

I would definitely like to turn off the display of road names like Anchorman says.
Nope, I enjoy that to too!

Reactions: st3v3cx-3

·
Registered
274 Posts

Bag over the display screen? No seriously, I'd like to know the answer as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
... show the actual GPS speed are two things I would like to have implemented into the nav system.
That's a definite plus from me too: after using various models of Garmin for the past 10+ years I'm used to driving to the GPS speed. The HUD is is the correct place horizontally for the speed to show but I trust the GPS more: comparing it to GPS speed on the phone the car was showing 2-3km/h faster (in a straight line) than what the Phone GPS was showing. (And I also can't see what speed my partner is going when I'm passenger :rolleyes:

·
Registered
144 Posts

Mine doesn't say the street names, and I like the display. I guess we are all different.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Mine doesn't physically say the name, it shows them in the title banner when sometimes I'd like to see the phone signal strength for example

·
Registered
451 Posts
For me it isn't the street names, it is the way it pronounces "Kilometers." The proper pronunciation is kill - ometers not kil-om-eters. The latter pronunciation was brought in during WWII by the American troops and unfortunately has stuck erroneously ever since. My Garmin GPS does the same thing and I usually shout obscenities at it when it does! One does not say mill- im -eters but mill - imeters, so at least that hasn't been corrupted.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Maybe your volume for saying names is turned down. When you set your destination and when you get arrows and distance for turning does your radio decrease volume!? If so when your radio is decreased try to turn the volume wheel to increase the nav sound

Mine works like that

·
Registered
106 Posts
I turn turn the nav nanny all the way down unless I am traversing an unusual and potentially life threatening route (j/k: my ex would totally freak if we got lost, as in "We're going to die! Like the Donner party!" because I missed a turn in downtown Dallas). I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I liked my '13 MS3 nav, because, even though she was silenced, she would pipe up (in a nice, selectable, mind you, English accent) and tell me about a potential delay and alternate route (pronounced "root", not "rowt" as 'Mericans say). I miss the ability to customize our nav options (i.e., color, voice, etc.)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Mine pronounces kilometres -"miles" ;-)

Reactions: greaseman85
1 - 20 of 28 Posts