Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've loved my Cx-3. I've had it for nearly 5000 miles and now all of a sudden the car sometimes has issues where it does not go into gear from a stop sign, so it'll just rev the engine and the car will not move.

Other times, the car lurches forward instead of having a smooth acceleration. When driving, the car suddenly seems a lot more sluggish, with a lot less acceleration and power as it used to.

What should I do? I thought this car would be reliable and that's why I spent so much $$ on it. The last time this happened was with my old Corolla, and that turned out to be a fuel pump / transmission issue which the dealer could not figure out until the car died and had to be towed. That was such a huge headache and a lot of money to fix.

I have a CX3 Touring AWD USA model.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your car is still under warranty, so there's really no need to stress. Bring it to the dealer and let them do their thing. Ask for a loaner if they'll have it more than a day or so.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Made the earliest appointment for Wednesday next week at 8am. Weird my local Mazda dealer doesn't have a service department so they told me to go to the Ford dealer.. I hope they use Mazda parts!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just updating this thread.

Took my car to the Ford "mazda" Dealer here. He wasn't able to figure out what was going on and we even went for a drive. He said he wouldn't fix anything until the car was broken. This is such B$. The car is no where as fast as it was when I bought it. Guess i'll have to settle for a slow CX3. Probably sell it for a miata in a few years.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Just updating this thread.

Took my car to the Ford "mazda" Dealer here. He wasn't able to figure out what was going on and we even went for a drive. He said he wouldn't fix anything until the car was broken. This is such B$. The car is no where as fast as it was when I bought it. Guess i'll have to settle for a slow CX3. Probably sell it for a miata in a few years.
Ask the dealer to set up an appointment with one of Mazdas field engineers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
By the sound of it, unable to duplicate the problem. I'm surprise the car hasn't stored and fault codes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
By the sound of it, unable to duplicate the problem. I'm surprise the car hasn't stored and fault codes.
Not necessarily. My Impreza makes a buzzing sound when it goes from 59 to 60 mph. Dealer confirmed easily enough, but couldn't find the cause in 2 hours. Could be like that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah it was a Mazda engineer that did the visit. That's why it took them a while and they didn't know what it was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts