Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Monday of this week, I was driving my CX-3 and all of a sudden I had no transmission. It was like it slipped out of gear. The engine just revved and nothing. I slapped it between drive and manual mode so I wouldn't get run over and it kicked in gear and nearly knocked me into the back seat. Needless to say it got towed to the local Mazda dealer and after 5 days of driving it and road testing, it could not be duplicated. I am getting the car back today with the problem not fixed or diagnosed. I requested to speak with the district manager but she was even too busy apparently to call the dealership yet alone me. The vehicle did not throw any codes, the Service Manager told me this is not the first time he has heard of this happening, but could not fix what they could not diagnose. I will be filing a formal complaint with Mazda today. This is the same reason I got rid of a 2011 CX-9 after 1.5 years of ownership, tranny issues, which should not be occurring.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I think there is a TSB for similar issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really? just picked it up at dealership and asked if there was any or any updates regarding this issue and they said no....If you have the tsb number could you share it please?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
really? just picked it up at dealership and asked if there was any or any updates regarding this issue and they said no....If you have the tsb number could you share it please?
I'll have a little read and post if relevant ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the exact same issue. Been fighting with Mazda for almost a year. They also didn't want to do anything at first. Threatened to sue them. They replaced a valve intake twice (first online was defective) Than they replaced my transmission. (On a brand new car) It still did it intermittently. Then they put a data recorder for about a month. I was able to successfully duplicate it 5-6 times. They came back saying every time I lost speed the paddleshifter was applied on the left (downshifting) Not sure I never used the paddle shifter. Now they are trying to blame if on me saying it was driver induced so I'm ready to sue them....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts