Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2016 Cx-3 with 57k miles. My mechanic noticed evidence of a leak related to the transfer case. He recommended cleaning the area and coming back in several weeks to monitor the severity of leak.

What additional recommendations would you suggest?

What should I watch out for?

thank you very much for your advice.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Would need to see pictures, When they did the fluid change in my transfer case they dripped some down the side but was just that. I havent gone down there myself but would definitly suggest cleaning it with a degreaser and seeing if it comes back.

I know in my previous Jeep the transmission pan had a bad rtv gasket and would leak around the transfer case area but that was an easy fix at least.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would need to see pictures, When they did the fluid change in my transfer case they dripped some down the side but was just that. I havent gone down there myself but would definitly suggest cleaning it with a degreaser and seeing if it comes back.

I know in my previous Jeep the transmission pan had a bad rtv gasket and would leak around the transfer case area but that was an easy fix at least.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the mechanic cleaned the area so we could see if more fluid leaked. The technician could tell that the fluid had been topped off recently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts