Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, what could I expect to get for a 2014 Mazda 3 iTouring Sedan Meteor Grey with 11k miles on it trade for a 2016 CX-3 Touring AWD. I'm not happy with not having all the extra features the new GT has over mine with stock radio, no moonroof, 4 speakers etc. AWD appeals to me as does having a hatchback. I don't like the look of the Mazda 3 Hatch. The CX-3 looks much better to me and more fun. I plan to keep this car for 10+ years and being unhappy with the Mazda 3 for that long doesn't sound appealing to me, even if I will take a hit.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I don't know how much we can help aside from referring you to some car appraisal sites like Edmunds.com etc. That is your best bet to get a range of what your 3 is worth and then go work some deals to see if it works out for you in reality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

Is Galves a good resource of what a dealer would ask for my car?

I have a few questions coming from a 3.
What will I miss from my current 3 and what will I gain?
I know the obvious. Less MPG.

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you're up for selling privately you can get the most for your vehicle that way, some people i know have saved thousands doing that, since of course dealers need to cut you short to make a profit for when they sell.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thanks,

Is Galves a good resource of what a dealer would ask for my car?

I have a few questions coming from a 3.
What will I miss from my current 3 and what will I gain?
I know the obvious. Less MPG.

Thanks
Your 3 will also have a little more room, and I imagine more comfortable seats. The center console on the CX-3 is also notoriously bad.

You will gain AWD if you go with that option, and a much nicer looking car. The interior in my opinion also looks more premium (resembles an Audi A3 somewhat) even though Mazda seriously botched the center console/armrest area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why does the 3 have more comfortable seats?
I don't find the seats in my 3 to be particularity comfortable.

I agree the CX-3 looks much nicer than the 3 Sedan or Hatch.

The center console is not a deal breaker for me, the 3's is small anyway. Is the glove compartment on the CX-3 larger or same size as 3?

Where can you store the cargo cover when not in use? Curious about that.

And what is the range of the SUV.

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Why does the 3 have more comfortable seats?
I don't find the seats in my 3 to be particularity comfortable.

I agree the CX-3 looks much nicer than the 3 Sedan or Hatch.

The center console is not a deal breaker for me, the 3's is small anyway. Is the glove compartment on the CX-3 larger or same size as 3?

Where can you store the cargo cover when not in use? Curious about that.

And what is the range of the SUV.

Thanks
I haven't sat in it yet but from experience I know that it depends on how the bottom and back areas were formed, along with bolsters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts